Scored 2011 LC W/79K OMG CLEAN (2012 missing link) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do get frightened, that something may break down. But I know when one leaves my shop I've done the best I can to correct any issue I can identify and I get better with each one I restore. So I'll kept my fingers crossed not even a bulb blows.

Biggest complainants I've had or question while someone was driving home across country. "did you replace wipers" NO why? They streak. Found I was treating rubber of blade with conditioner cause them too streak.
Few others:
Had a warp front rotor, I did not detect because I don't ride my breaks on the down hill.
Had a dash fuse blow, luckily Toyota puts a spare in the lid!
Didn't flush windshield washer fluid, and it froze.

Everyone of these makes me unhappy, so I work to improve and test drive more miles when I can.

Now I have to take my GF out to dinner. It's our deal on each sale for spending so much time in the shop. So she get 3 nights a year. The rest I get to play in the shop;)

Last edited:
I guess I could have kept updating this thread. As I still service this fine 2011 (GrayBird).

Not a lot to say, mostly fluids and brakes.

We preemptive R&R the radiator, thermostat and water pump. Interesting the replacement Toyota radiator has the badge (that leaks) flatten out.

Few weeks ago, I flushed the transmission, using a new Mobil MV full synthetic ATF. I pickup a OBDIIMX+ so I can now read and log A/T fluid temp without me hooking up my PC to tech stream.

R&R spark plugs, happy to report all were still sung at 120K miles. Finding a few drops of oil at the bottom of one spark plug tube. I than replaced the PCV valve, which was sticking. These 5.7L seem to gum up those PCV valves

Only thing I need to keep reminding own, is check the oil. We're using Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 , good for 15K. As they drive that each year. It uses more than 2.5 qt in 15K.

I guess I could have kept updating this thread. As I still service this fine 2011 (GrayBird).

Not a lot to say, mostly fluids and brakes.

We preemptive R&R the radiator, thermostat and water pump. Interesting the replacement Toyota radiator has the badge (that leaks) flatten out.

Few weeks ago, I flushed the transmission, using a new Mobil MV full synthetic ATF. I pickup a OBDIIMX+ so I can now read and log A/T fluid temp without me hooking up my PC to tech stream.

R&R spark plugs, happy to report all were still sung at 120K miles. Finding a few drops of oil at the bottom of one spark plug tube. I than replaced the PCV valve, which was sticking. These 5.7L seem to gum up those PCV valves

Only thing I need to keep reminding own, is check the oil. We're using Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 , good for 15K. As they drive that each year. It uses more than 2.5 qt in 15K.
Switch to 5W30

I have used valvoline ep 5w 30 for the past 30k miles. Engine is a lot quieter now. No oil consumption but I have it changed every 7k miles. No noticeable difference in mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom