Scored 2007 Unicorn. The holy grail of 100 series. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fantastic! I just read all the way through this while searching for Windshield trim tactics. I look forward to more! I am pretty meticulous but you are amazing. We both use a lot of marine grease and Por15 (luckily my 100's aren't very rusty).

Hope it was helpful. There is more windshield write ups, that can be found in the index of first link in my signature, you may find interesting.

I really can't say. But it's my understanding some No NAV were imported to Puerto Rico and Hawaii.

It has a 10/06 manufacturing date and is listed as a VX model.

1/19/08 The first history entry from Toyota.com is at Mike Calvert Toyota in Houston on 1/19/08 w/16,803 miles for a 15K service.
  • FILTER, OIL TO90915-YZZD3
  • GASKET TO90430-12031
  • OIL,MOTOR 5W30 QT TO00279-1QT5W-01
  • 15K PLUS SERV PK15KP
  • NON-CHLOR BRAKE C TO00289-2BC00 (not seen this one before)
  • BG ROAD CARD TO00099-99089
  • MOC THROTTLE CL TO00099-MOCTB
  • ELEMENT SUB-ASSY, TO17801-50040
Carfax thanks to a certain member for getting to me fast, shows vehicle shipped & inspected to/at original dealer:
11/06/06 source NICB. Texas;Inspection Station Alvin, TX. Emissions inspection performed & Passed safety inspection.
11/30/06 Ron Carter Toyota Alvin, TX. Pre-delivery inspection completed.
12/14/06 SouthwestRe Houston, TX Reinsure.com Service contract issued.
1/09/07 Texas Motor Vehicle Dept. Houston, TX Title. First owner reported.

Second owner:
11/23/11 TX. Vehicle offered for sale. Fort Bend Toyota Sugar Land, TX
11/25/11 GA. Georgia Motor Vehicle Dept. Vehicle purchase reported. (sold very fast)

Carfax also showed and accident, which PO disclosed up front. He explained to me; a miniVan skinned his passage side while he continued with forward motion.
11/2/15 Minor damage reported. Airbags did not deploy. This is what I did most of my DD at first. When I found it had ~$10K in repairs I feaked and called the body shop. Shop manager remembered how clean it was. I was very concerned scanning the work order report, when I saw A, B and C pillar painting. I became very concerned pillars may have been damaged. I was relieved to find pillars had not been damaged at all. They're one of the top body shop in the South. They paint inside doors so that they don't leave paint lines. They did minor repair to front door skin and 1/4 panel on PS. They also replace rear PS door. Then paint PS side. I'm good with minor damage that is properly repaired. So I made my offer on the rig, still not knowing it was a Unicorn.

I hope to have as near showroom condition as your 2006 TBK. It's killing me waiting for weather to warm. I only get an hour or two occasionally now in the garage.

Draining Fuel from gas tank:
Draining fuel from gas tank by removed fuel pump, so I could get a look into gas tank and siphon out old fuel. I was concerned with age of old fuel and look (crudy) of gas cap area. So I wanted to inspect and put in fresh fuel with a stabilizer. With so much work to be done, I didn't want a potential bad fuel issue at first engine start up.

Pulling Engine:
I did manage to pull engine out yesterday after making use of the occasional hours of warm weather to perp. I had planned on pulling pan, but it took longer than it should have to pull. So I'll wait for next warm day.
View attachment 1637214 View attachment 1637215 View attachment 1637216 View attachment 1637217
This is back of the VVt engine, which has tubes coming from the exhaust headers going into the A.I. #1 & #2 switches. Switches connect to the rear water bypass joint.
View attachment 1637220
I was looking for a while also and found a unicorn. uzj100 2007 with under 60k miles. It's been a dream to drive it. I have been making minor updates and learning as I go but your amount of detail is overwhelming. I'm keeping this thread locked and loaded for future reference. Good luck and thank you for sharing

Sweet! So you found a clean 60K miles, I presume. Or is and actual Unicorn (no factory NAV w/separate HVAC controls).

I pay up to get those clean low miles. They have one thing if nothing else. They are typically virgins, in that they've not been touch by techs. Save me so much time and money, not have to repair stuff others have touched.

I pay up to get those clean low miles. They have one thing if nothing else. They are typically virgins, in that they've not been touch by techs. Save me so much time and money, not have to repair stuff others have touched.

Hello all,

I'm sadly selling the unicorn. I'll be putting it up on the classified section soon. Any offer accepted. moving on up to a 2020 heritage edition.

Thanks,

Eric

Yes, Mr T started doing that in 03. It a better design. As the 98-02 grommet must be changed as they leak after ~7 years or sooner.
___________________________________________________________:)

Fuel line from filter to fuel rail and fuel pressure pulsation damper install.

Routing in the fuel line for fitment.

Use new gaskets (washers) everytime loosened or removed.

View attachment 1687456

I am using the same setup as you...torque wrench with the crow foot. The FSM is confusing. I haven't come across anything yet that throws out an SST/non SST torque #. Do you torque to the 24 or 29 ft/lb? The fulcrum on my 3/8 torque wrench is about 12 in, so while i don't have the SST, i think this would be close enough to it...so would be 24 ft lb?

Very Nice build and thread is very informative.

My thinking was, maybe something else happened, that then resulted in Tee's being damages. I mean, really they aren't that old.

But then I replaced The Black Knights (06LC) w/59K on them. Now I'm thinking either the Toyota SLL pink coolant is harder on plastic Tee's or the plastic is not as good as seen in the older systems that use Toyota LL red. Also the return side on the 07 Unicorn looked very aged also, more than I'd expect or seeing at 10 years.

A second possibilities as to cause:
Possible when Dealer did coolant flush 20k miles and one year earlier they didn't burp properly (air in system). Then PO drove, what was likely HWY miles, on low coolant. It could have been running hot for sometime taken out the heater tees then head gasket or visa versa. "Chicken or the Egg story"

The Black Knight 2006 LC with ~59K. (11 year olds)
View attachment 1638719

The King 2001 w/165K (17 years old)
View attachment 1638720

I also found Radiator upper hose gooseneck cracked presumedly heat of either fluid or from hot combustion gases??? looked very age?
View attachment 1638732

A third possibility as to cause:
Additionally I found debris which included some styrofoam, on front of radiator and a shadow line indicating possible air flow blockage of lower ~25% of radiator cooling fins.
View attachment 1650810
View attachment 1638734

Clues :hmm: I've a few more it was running hot for some time.

So I can not say heater tee's was the start of the issue.

But I'm reasonably sure overheating took out the head gaskets.

My thinking was, maybe something else happened, that then resulted in Tee's being damages. I mean, really they aren't that old.

But then I replaced The Black Knights (06LC) w/59K on them. Now I'm thinking either the Toyota SLL pink coolant is harder on plastic Tee's or the plastic is not as good as seen in the older systems that use Toyota LL red. Also the return side on the 07 Unicorn looked very aged also, more than I'd expect or seeing at 10 years.

A second possibilities as to cause:
Possible when Dealer did coolant flush 20k miles and one year earlier they didn't burp properly (air in system). Then PO drove, what was likely HWY miles, on low coolant. It could have been running hot for sometime taken out the heater tees then head gasket or visa versa. "Chicken or the Egg story"

The Black Knight 2006 LC with ~59K. (11 year olds)
View attachment 1638719

The King 2001 w/165K (17 years old)
View attachment 1638720

I also found Radiator upper hose gooseneck cracked presumedly heat of either fluid or from hot combustion gases??? looked very age?
View attachment 1638732

A third possibility as to cause:
Additionally I found debris which included some styrofoam, on front of radiator and a shadow line indicating possible air flow blockage of lower ~25% of radiator cooling fins.
View attachment 1650810
View attachment 1638734

Clues :hmm: I've a few more it was running hot for some time.

So I can not say heater tee's was the start of the issue.

But I'm reasonably sure overheating took out the head gaskets.
6BB8290D-4246-4213-881A-04D7ED8EE3A0.jpeg

Can you please help me confirm the parts number?

It is the hose that I highlighted in red. It connects the coolant to front of the engine. I think it is coolant hose because it is slowly leaking coolant need to get it swapped?

Is this the correct part number? 15777-50030? The part looks skinny and does not come with the heat foam sleeve.

@ghong14 I've taken the advise from others on this forum and look up part numbers specific to my vehicle (LX) and year ('99) on Partsouq.com. I highly recommend you do the same since parts can vary by year and model. I found that hose part number for my truck HERE and can be assured it fits. Partsouq is also great because you can see related parts you may want to order as well, like the hose clips.

I have no idea if this is the correct part number for your truck, but if you put in the little bit of work to lookup by your vehicle, you'll save yourself a huge potential headache and time. Hope this helps.
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.25.46 AM.png

@ghong14 I've taken the advise from others on this forum and look up part numbers specific to my vehicle (LX) and year ('99) on Partsouq.com. I highly recommend you do the same since parts can vary by year and model. I found that hose part number for my truck HERE and can be assured it fits. Partsouq is also great because you can see related parts you may want to order as well, like the hose clips.

I have no idea if this is the correct part number for your truck, but if you put in the little bit of work to lookup by your vehicle, you'll save yourself a huge potential headache and time. Hope this helps.
View attachment 2614873
This is awesome! exactly what I needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom