SBC Sniper 2 upgrade and Steering Wheel restore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thelandcruiser.com
Steering wheel looked like Freddy Kruger's face. layers of grime old paint and deep cracks. Sanding .. sanding.. opening cracks.. filling with por 15 epoxy.. .. bondo red filler. Filler primer.. paint.. Wheel and column looking much better.. That was the side project while doing all the plumbing for the sniper 2.. .. just wiring to go......

The sniper 2 is replacing a 25 yr old Edelbrock Carb that would need new throttle body bushings etc or replaced.

I'm hoping this set up will make this truck a bit nicer during warm up drive. Time to get into electrics.

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

I switched from a sniper to the sniper 2 and its been really good . i also run the full hyperspark ignition .
what did you do with your pcv valve?... I read that having the gen 1 spring style can be inconsistent and cause idle issues..and it is best to use a static type valve with no spring and a hole around 2mm.. . that gm used during their 80s type throttle body fuel injections systems... making the vacuum leak consistent. I have yet to fire this up, but have the 80s static pcv to start with. This upgrade includes the hyperspark distruibtor ignition like yours.

Last edited:
what did you do with your pcv valve?... I read that having the gen 1 spring style can be inconsistent and cause idle issues..and it is best to use a static type valve with no spring and a hole around 2mm.. . that gm used during their 80s type throttle body fuel injections systems... making the vacuum leak consistent. I have yet to fire this up, but have the 80s static pcv to start with. This upgrade includes the hyperspark distruibtor ignition like yours.
I just have a regular old pvc valve . i have had zero issues .

Reset sniper profile after shoving a baffle into the exhaust and wired up new relay and power blocks.
I welded in an oxygen sensor bung too.. I think the clamp on bung plug was leaking from the soot marks.
It is becoming a polite beast.

Amazon product ASIN B01J9Z0NF8
IMG_4716.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Last edited:
Reset sniper profile after shoving a baffle into the exhaust and wired up new relay and power blocks.
I welded in an oxygen sensor bung too.. I think the clamp on bung plug was leaking from the soot marks.
The fj40 sbc is becoming a polite rude beast.

Amazon product ASIN B01J9Z0NF8
View attachment 3521176

View attachment 3521177

View attachment 3521178

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom