Saw a Stout close up yesterday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They came with 4 wheel drive. Lots of those down here along with Nissan Miler's (same sort of truck). Most are pretty beat though.

IIRC Toyota trucks weren't 4x4 untill the 1979 redesign.

Save for the 45s ;)

stock scouts have dana 44's front and rear iirc, thus must come with 4x4.

cruiser_guy said:
They came with 4 wheel drive. Lots of those down here along with Nissan Miler's (same sort of truck). Most are pretty beat though.

I did not know this. Grab a picture for me sometime cruiser_guy.

:beer:

Tripped over the Toyota Equador page today. Seems they have revived the Stout name for what looks to be a Tundra type cab and chassis. I know Venezuala carried over the 80 series for a while but its cool to see that its still current, along side the 100 series in Equador.
http://www.toyota.com.ec/modelos_stoutII.html

lowenbrau said:
Tripped over the Toyota Equador page today. Seems they have revived the Stout name for what looks to be a Tundra type cab and chassis. I know Venezuala carried over the 80 series for a while but its cool to see that its still current, along side the 100 series in Equador.
http://www.toyota.com.ec/modelos_stoutII.html

Venezuela is *still* carrying the 80 series over, 2006 model year. Toyota is smart, they take the old stampings and machinery down there, crank them out, sell them all, use up a lot of the parts stocked up, make the rest locally.

sc40 said:
stock scouts have dana 44's front and rear iirc, thus must come with 4x4.
VTFJ40 said:

lol
read his sig, that might explane....:doh:

Exiled said:
Venezuela is *still* carrying the 80 series over, 2006 model year. Toyota is smart, they take the old stampings and machinery down there, crank them out, sell them all, use up a lot of the parts stocked up, make the rest locally.

Same story for the 75 series, Henry? The pickups on the Equador page still have the fold down windshield (see hold downs on hood) so they are, for sure, not FZJ79s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom