Saturday March 16th Noon Stallings NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
@roadstr6 is coming over Saturday to help swap the Weber on Angus for the City Racer one I got. Just wanted to put out the invite in case anyone wanted to come hang out. Got space in the garage if anyone needs to work on anything, but you all are welcome to come hang out, have a few beers and grill afterwards. Im in Stallings Just off of Lawyers

Cheers

I should be in town and can swing by. Specially for watching the fireworks on the grill after installing a new carb with fuel soaked hands!

Just a reminder if anyone wants to pop over tomorrow.

I would be up to hang out... last carb I rebuilt was for my 77 celica 20R
address? and when?

Last edited:
Thanks to @roadstr6, @Cirbo, and @angerhater today. Couldn't have done it without them,

IMG_4173.jpeg
IMG_4171.jpeg

Have you tested it yet? Any noticeable improvement?
Huge improvement. The way it drove with the weber seemed like it was only getting half throttle. Its a whole new truck with the new carb

Interesting... thanks for the feedback. Mine seems to have some hesitation at low to mid-throttle. I'll have to do some research on the City Racer.
Was the install difficult?

Huge improvement. The way it drove with the weber seemed like it was only getting half throttle. Its a whole new truck with the new carb
You have no idea how happy I am to hear that! Time and $ well spent my friend. 🙌

Interesting... thanks for the feedback. Mine seems to have some hesitation at low to mid-throttle. I'll have to do some research on the City Racer.
Was the install difficult?
Only snag we hit was finding a solution for carb studs, but install went well. The previous owner keep all the OEM linkage so that was a huge help. Sourcing some of that stuff is difficult. Have a few people that know these trucks pays huge dividends. I learned a ton in the process.

This install went surprisingly well. No real drama at all. Not every one is this easy. When dealing with anything bolted to the exhaust manifold, there's always a chance that a bolt or stud gets wrung off, necessitating a full removal and machine shop refresh of both the intake and exhaust manifolds, or you pull the carb to find a crack in the intake manifold, requiring either aluminum welding, or a block-off plate. Luckily, Angus decided not to fight us. The EGR cooler and all its crazy plumbing practically removed itself. This install went so smooth that when we pulled the valve cover to set the valve clearances, it was already sitting perfectly on #1 TDC. Six valves immediately checked and adjusted, rotate the crank 360* and adjust the other six. Done. Beer time! Patrick had already done his homework and was prepared with all the parts he needed for the install (with the exception of carb studs, which was an easy fix). The old Weber was cable-actuated, and the shop that installed it cut off part of the gas pedal that once connected to the factory carb with ball-and socket linkages. Patrick knew this going in, and had sourced a replacement pedal assembly. Bottom line...when someone has installed a Weber, they had to do a fair amount of jury-rigging to make the Weber fit. Going back to a factory carb means undoing the jury-rigging and putting everything back the way it was. In this case, we put everything back with the exception of smog components. Now Angus is properly desmogged, and seems to be happy having an original style carb feeding it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom