SAS #6 Texas Convoy thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in.

For those joining the Convoy this year I'll fill you in.
We have plenty of room for you to camp out here. Have restrooms and a shower also. All are welcome to stay or get a room in town.
Saturday night will be on BLM land near the Great SandDunes NP. It is primitive with no facilities. It is a dark sky preserve and the stars are amazing. We will be fueling up Sunday morning in Alamosa CO if anyone wants to stay there.
From there to Classic Cruisrs and lunch at Elevation Brewery just down the road from his shop. Up and over Monatch Pass and the Continental Divide to Gunnison. Shooting for a late afternoon arrival at the KOA.

I want to do it again but can't get out of work a day early unfortunately. I'm gonna try to push hard across to make Classic Cruisers on Sunday and see y'all there. Will jump in line at that point. Towing my 60. That great plains stretch is just too much with so little time to enjoy the ride!

Been meaning to post these from last year.

DC5CCEA4-6BED-4B58-92E0-F1CB2588111E.jpeg

FDCF7999-90BB-42A6-8605-631802ECA338.jpeg

1710CD22-AB84-45BC-AA86-ED9C4B4BE69B.jpeg

It actually looks like I’m going to have to pull out this year. Not just from the convoy but from SAS altogether.

I’m sure there’s a waiting lister out there that would be thrilled to hear about the opportunity 10+ days before the event.

Also, I have a 3 night/4 day (Aug 1-Aug 4, site 55) res at the KOA that is up to the highest bidder. Maybe someone in here is interested?

UPDATE: They just canceled my res so no way of transferring. 055 is available as of right now.

Last edited:
Is this only open to SAS 100’s? I have a mostly stock lx450. I’d be interested in at least the trip to overnight at Great Sand Dunes.

We will be fueling up Sunday morning in Alamosa CO if anyone wants to stay there.
A 10:30 am or so arrival in Alamosa, plus time for fuel, would put you at Classic Cruisers right at noon. Kay and I could easily time it to tag along behind the convoy from Alamosa - we'll probably be driving the truck and camper on this trip, and maybe towing the FJ60. Does the timing seem about right?

Is this only open to SAS 100’s? I have a mostly stock lx450. I’d be interested in at least the trip to overnight at Great Sand Dunes.

LX 450 is basically a 80 with extra doodads and whizbangs. If you would like to hang out with the group at the Dunes and or Salida please do. We are a very welcoming group.

A 10:30 am or so arrival in Alamosa, plus time for fuel, would put you at Classic Cruisers right at noon. Kay and I could easily time it to tag along behind the convoy from Alamosa - we'll probably be driving the truck and camper on this trip, and maybe towing the FJ60. Does the timing seem about right?
That should be real close John. We usually fill up at the Loaf and Jug at the corner of hwy 160 and hwy 70.

@POTATO LAUNCHER
Casey, I am doing what I can to find trades/vacation/coverage for my work. Beer and cash doesn't barter like it used to
Im about 50/50 that I can make this trip happen but will let you know either way as soon as I find out. Fingers crossed

Alex

What’s Sunday nights destination?

I've put in an request with the local weather guy. Shooting for cooler temps on Friday here and on the way up on Saturday morning.

Planning to attend Friday night’s gathering. Will be rolling solo. Thanks for hosting us all!
We are leaving DFW on Friday morning to @POTATO LAUNCHER place. Four trucks. Let’s us know if you want to tag along.

New moon is approaching meaning our night sky near the great sand dunes on Saturday will be SPECTACULAR!!!
49BBDB05-54CC-4CB0-A203-A179BCE23057.png

Been looking fwd to that sky since we signed up. Gonna be some great photos for those with the gear.

Should be a good meteor show before sunrise also.
I may miss it though, because đź’¤....

New moon is approaching meaning our night sky near the great sand dunes on Saturday will be SPECTACULAR!!!
View attachment 3070633
Thanks for the update - can't wait! Hopefully we will have clear skies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom