Builds Sandy the '60 (1 Viewer)

WSOPgold2012

GOLD Star
..because the instructions say so?

I've also read here on mud that it's the way to go. If you try to put it on wet, it makes a big ole mess and slides all over. By bolting down the cover, it squishes the semi-dried adhesive and forms the appropriate seal.
Theres a diference between "let sealant HARDEN" and "squishes semi-dried adhesive" no?

Theres a diference between "let sealant HARDEN" and "squishes semi-dried adhesive" no?
🤷‍♂️

The instructions say "for up to 24 hours". I'm not sure what more you need there, but you are welcome to ask 3m through their "contact us" link here.

This stuff, like a lot of approved cork-gasket-sealant products, never actually gets HARD. My apologies if I mislead you in any way.

I have a local shop that offered to put my cover in their hot tank for a while - WAY more effective than degreaser and scrub brushes.

Thoughts on having the side cover sand blasted?
If you have easy access to a media blaster, I think it's a great idea! If you do that, you might as well have them blast your air cleaner, the firewall access port covers, etc. Repaint (or powder coat) everything at once.

04E6ABAC-6834-42DB-B354-82D10106D9CC.jpeg

After almost 3 years of searching…

Unobtanium 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom