Salvage Yard Safari Snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a LC at a salvage yard with a Safari Snorkel on it

422697_10150736635069665_161816184664_11401667_2017115001_n.jpg

How hard would it be to remove with all the pieces I needed to install on my truck? If I needed to source pieces where would I go?

Sweet find! There aren't that many pieces to worry about, removal should take 30 min or less. I would assume that if you need replacement parts for it you could go through man-a-fre.

Why are you asking us???... you're standing in front of the truck- take it all off already and give the guy 30 bucks

2 reasons....

1. I saw this posted on their website so I am not standing in front of it.

2. I have never installed one so I don't know what it would take to install or remove one. Thought someone that has installed one would know a little more then myself.

[QUOTEThe would never let me get a snorkel... ][/QUOTE]

Ummm, seriously. Say this with me, "there is no permission needed".

The ol' lady puts up with a lot of my antics, hobbies, etc...most of them are rather expensive and time consuming...so when it comes to things like snorkels on my LX (that is my DD), she gets her way. :D

You know what they say.... "Happy wife, happy life." :grinpimp:

NICE FIND!
I hope that I didn't miss anything but IIRC, there are about 8 nuts on the inside of the fender to remove.
To get to the most rearward nuts, you will need to remove a few items on the inner fender to be able to get your arm in there. Use a ratcheting gear wrench as a socket and ratchet are difficult to get in there and move around, especially if you have big hands. The forward nuts are pretty easy to get to if you remove the air filter housing.

You also need to remove the c-clamp & hose at the cyclonic air filter housing, remove the two bolts holding the snorkel to the A-Pillar bracket, then remove the two screws/bolts holding the bracket to the A-Pillar.

Hope that helps.

Just tell them you want the fender and whatever that crap is that is attached to it. Tell tehm you give them 50% less since the fender has a hole in it.

kletzenklueffer said:
Just tell them you want the fender and whatever that crap is that is attached to it. Tell tehm you give them 50% less since the fender has a hole in it.

Bingo

If it was me, I'd just take the fender too. Less time to prep and drill. That's just me. Nice find.

Exactly, hopefully they have not looked up snorkels online and know how much they retail for. Don't tip your hand.

If it was me, I'd just take the fender too. Less time to prep and drill. That's just me. Nice find.

I wouldn't pay for that fender. Look at the area right below the corner light. It's munched. If they wanted to throw it in at no cost, go for it.

Other than that, nice find!

Bad news, at least for me, someone hopped on it before I did, it was at Yota yard in Colorado... which one of you was it :flipoff2:

Well whoever it was quick ninja like moves... ENJOY!

[QUOTEThe would never let me get a snorkel...

Ha ha, too true. Bought mine first, asked for forgiveness from the :princess: afterwards. She rolled her eyes as usual and was fine.

:cheers:

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom