Ruffstuff DIY Beadlocks got em (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just got these over the weekend and started crackin on them, like i dont have enough projects to do, took a few snap shots.

starts with the rings
IMG_1569.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg

Last edited:
spaced them and started welding. firswt tached them in a + x configue ie did a tach on top and bottom , left and right, then diagnol. o make sure they didnt move, than started 3 inch welds, moving to opposite sides t keep the heat down.
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1577.jpg

welded it all and painted the rings and this is somewhat of a final look.
bought all my hardware ( cleaned out the store where i bought them from)

i am using 2 inch 3/8 bolts and some nylon lock nuts.
IMG_1581.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg

heres a look at the tires ill be squezin on these bad boys

they wheel and tire do not weigh as much as i thought they would.

tires are 36x13.50x15
IMG_1583.jpg

Looks pretty sweet, lets see a pic when you get them mounted

You been working with some acid Cam? Noticed the baking soda. By the way, those tires look sweet. I'll probably be going to Iroks if I ever get those TSL's on the ground and wore out.

Jeremy

You been working with some acid Cam? Noticed the baking soda. By the way, those tires look sweet. I'll probably be going to Iroks if I ever get those TSL's on the ground and wore out.

Jeremy

The soda is for putting out the fire from welding. Great cheap fire extinguisher.

It doesn't look like the wheels were cleaned from paint before you started welding. That's why there's so much spatter = contaminated weld :hillbilly:

i took a sanding disc on a grinder to it, it was clean, i do not have gas and those splatters are fomr the flux core sh*% wire i have. trust me it was cleaned

Welcome to the "critique your welding" thread. Feel free to post up your opinions.:flipoff2:

Welcome to the "critique your welding" thread. Feel free to post up your opinions.:flipoff2:

nah its all good, i dont claim to be the best welderor even a good welder at that. i like the feedback and the do and donts and try this maybies.. i take it all in and learn as much as i can to become better.

but for real if any one comments on my welds:flipoff2: j/k

feel free

thanks for getting my back luke

I know a number of very experiencecd welders who will not even attempt to weld beadlocks with a MIG because of the possibility of developing numerous pin hole leaks. They insist on using a TIG. I have MIG welded them before and some of them, even though all parts were sandblasted and cleaned as well as possible, still leaked slowly. So, don't be too surprised if yours do in fact leak a bit.

you might want to consider a spacer ring, I've set up a few people with the rings, and I always recommend that you install some sort of spacer for the ID of the lock ring, otherwise the ring can twist down, and load the bolts improperly, I've talked to guys that didn't run them, they thought it was ok, but I've seen them and I didn't like it. my cousin runs some GK made Beadlocks, with a spacer tube he rolled out of stainless square tube and 38" boggers, thinks they are great.
STP60451.jpg

you might want to consider a spacer ring, I've set up a few people with the rings, and I always recommend that you install some sort of spacer for the ID of the lock ring, otherwise the ring can twist down, and load the bolts improperly, I've talked to guys that didn't run them, they thought it was ok, but I've seen them and I didn't like it. my cousin runs some GK made Beadlocks, with a spacer tube he rolled out of stainless square tube and 38" boggers, thinks they are great.

are you refering to anti coning rings?
yes im waiting for those to be delivered so i can finish the wheels, come on fedex where are you

Looks good, how much do you have in hardware to complete the job?

Let us know when you get them all done and mounted up!

lets see, 33 bolt for each wheel x 5= 165
66 washers x 5 330
33 nylon nuts x 5 = 165 total cost per wheel 27.00 x 5

garand total $135.00

lots alot of stuff. yeah the local ace hardware has it all. i got grade 5.

Looks good, what size wheel did you end up using?

the wheel is a 15x8 withe 2.0 backspacing

I like the Red & Black....

welded it all and painted the rings and this is somewhat of a final look.
bought all my hardware ( cleaned out the store where i bought them from)

i am using 2 inch 3/8 bolts and some nylon lock nuts.

I am m ore of a Bumble Bee type though.....Yellow & Black.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom