CANCELED- Rubicon Trail -Sept 7th 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd be down with towing out there and back, can fit a 2nd rig on my trailer, and 1 - 2 more people (non-smokers) in the tow rig (2016 Ram 3500 crew cab SRW).

Does anyone know what the event dates were for the last few years, and also the likelihood that it gets changed after the initial announcement?

I know it was pushed back last year due to snowpack, but am curious how often / likely that is to happen.

This definitely has my attention. I would be in my FJ40 and most likely would ship it out and back. This would be epic!!

The dates are normally the week after Fathers day, june. wed-sun. After the snowfall in the spring they will be able to determine exact dates

I saw on TLCA this year they have mid august for Rubithon dates

I saw on TLCA this year they have mid august for Rubithon dates
Date got moved back due to snow.

I have been in touch with the Chairman of the event and that is where I am getting my info from. He can help with logistics of parking trailers around Reno/Tahoe as well for those of us towing out.

Date got moved back due to snow.

I have been in touch with the Chairman of the event and that is where I am getting my info from. He can help with logistics of parking trailers around Reno/Tahoe as well for those of us towing out.

For some reason I was reading it as next year's dates, not what has passed. My bad

What do you guys think of using a 100 with 2.5" lift and 34"s with skids/bumpers/sliders? The requirements say 2.5" lift and 33"s but also front and rear lockers, which I don't have. I do have ATRAC and center locking diff.

What do you guys think of using a 100 with 2.5" lift and 34"s with skids/bumpers/sliders? The requirements say 2.5" lift and 33"s but also front and rear lockers, which I don't have. I do have ATRAC and center locking diff.
You will need a big winch!!!!

Expo-ish. Point to point with a circle back for trailers. There is no "outs" of the Rubicon.
Yeah, "expo-ish" to a certain degree in that you need to carry in from the bottom everything you'll need to get through four days until you're back out into civilization. That's tools, spares, food, clothing, alcohol, and camping gear. Those of us doing it in a 40 need to be smart about what we're actually taking and then stowing it all in the truck.

Yeah, "expo-ish" to a certain degree in that you need to carry in from the bottom everything you'll need to get through four days until you're back out into civilization. That's tools, spares, food, clothing, alcohol, and camping gear. Those of us doing it in a 40 need to be smart about what we're actually taking and then stowing it all in the truck.
So in other words, a bed roll, pillow, couple cans of beans and a large flask?

@fireball is a 100 guy, as you may know, so he knows the level of difficulty it would be to get a 100 thru the 'Con.
I am not going to say no, I am always impressed with what people can do with their rigs. Again, as long as he has a big winch, and a big W on it. :)

See my comment above. There are a few threads in the 100 forum. It’s been done but it’s not the right tool for the job. It will require a lot of winching and a lot of rock stacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom