Rubber boot thing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just pulled this rubber boot thing out of the panel next to the bottle jack storage, looks like it buttons together and has two ports coming out the sides, any idea what it is for?
IMG_20200825_154052.jpg

Interesting thanks, can't find it on the FJ62 diagrams, wonder if it came on both engines, will try to install it later

Interesting thanks, can't find it on the FJ62 diagrams, wonder if it came on both engines, will try to install it later
I had one on my 87 when I got it. It’s kinda falling apart and a real PITA to install. That’s probably why it was in the side panel.

They are wonderful things that help waterproof the engine. If for some reason you don't want it, offer it up for someone who does.

(I've had my 62 shutdown twice from ingesting water into the air cleaner, but have never had ignition issues with the boot installed)

I'll buy it if you dont want it

Just bought one of these off Mud, and you just have one lying around. Figures. Only kid on my block that has one though. Does anyone know if these were standard equipment on these rigs? I see very few of them installed so wondered if they were an option or just typically removed because they are hard to install.

IMG_5686.jpg

Last edited:
Just bought one of these off Mud, and you just have one lying around. Figures. Only kid on my block that has one though. Does anyone know if these were standard equipment on these rigs? I see very few of them installed so wondered if they were an option or just typically removed because they are hard to install.

View attachment 2416722
Pretty sure they were standard.

View attachment 2416722

hard to install, the rubber rips when trying to unsnap and open it.
they were standard back in the mid/late 70's as I have a few small cap models along with the large cap setups. not sure what year that they started.

Didn't seem too bad to install, must be too used to working on my newer Volvos haha

I could see how these would get brittle and tear easy though, mine must have been hidden since at least the early 2000s, still pretty soft and pliable! Will keep it as I plan on doing a little wheeling. Thanks again!
IMG_20200826_170200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom