Refreshing your 60 Series Gasoline or DIESEL Alternator Connections Connectors Rubber Boots Ring Terminals Mounting Hardware 33+ Years Later and Why (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Refreshing your 60 Series Gasoline or DIESEL Alternator Connections Connectors Rubber Boots Ring Terminals
Mounting Hardware 33+ Years Later and Why :

i will go over my recent experience and what i discovered on GHOST's 3FE 5/89

- digging hardened then hard in JAPAN to find the original UPDATE 3FE alternator 3 wire black plug

more to come ....

1708584847654.jpeg

Last edited:
So , lets have at it shall we ... :D

- In the order of things in my world , and as a very well documented FSM approach to performing a DE-SMOG on a 5/89 FJ62LG-PNEK
3F-E
i made a public pledge to create not only a fundamentally Technically Technical Correct fsm type step by step approach , that removed what was necessary and did NOT remove what is still necessary ...

- i publicly dared myself to create a 100% All TOYOTA OEM Japan Spec. Parts Kit to perform the 3-FE desmog , and i can say for 100% fact i have done just this and that , my kit parts should also work same in kind on FJ80 3F-E ...

- this includes a proper Cogged TOYOTA Genuine parts Drive Belt , and the needed OEM parts to correctly delete and seal the EGR Tube port on the Exhaust manifold , and the intake too for that matter ....

- this is NOT the updated De-Smog thread , rather what i ran into regarding my existing Factory PLANT A-11 External Fan Alternator ... and all things related to it , hardware and Electrical parts and connections etc ...

- it led me down a path i have not been before , and in the end has producwed so pretty killer kool OEM Japan Spec. Parts , like the updated FJ80 , late FJ62 BLACK Cold. Spec. 3-pin WATER PROOF and BOMB Proof O-Ring sealed Connector plug , a unique HIGH-FLOW External Fan for the COLS SPEC. Regions , AKA SNOW VERSION Fan , and also exposed som,e LAME AZZ TOYOTA parts facts , such as the main Throttle Body Gasket is simply NLA .....

- Summery : if anyone ever tells you , that after 34+ years , refreshing all those connections , same in kind as all the thermostat housings ones for example , they do not understand this topic , or can't understand this topic ....

- the below surprised me in some ways , and also made much sense in others too , using all OEM repair and service parts is my way , and the only way , installing NEW OEM assembly hardware wherever and whenever possible has never made more and more sense day by day , i DO practice what i can preach , toyota OEM parts wise anyway .....:D

THIS IS THE WAY ......
/.

Last edited:
Below is the PLANT A11 day 1 installed Alternator , it was still turning and burning solid 80+ AMPS , but as fate would have it only days prior to step 1 of my planned DE-SMOG ,

i was carefully packing this NEW 2023 Date code 90A unit rascal Below , and turned to grab more tape , my gun was out of bullets clear , and well ......

He rolled off the workstation and landed a inch from my foot 36" high free fall , if this Alternator landed on any part of my foot or feet that would be a instant CAST for months , the dead weight , with the installed double pulley , and ALL my icing on the cake hardware and such is exactly : 15.8 usa pounds ..

- he hit the concrete floor with a thud and i knew that i was not missing any toes soon after , but being only partially wrapped , i knew i had to un-wrap , so like a kid taking off a band-aid slow and pain-full it was i saw the impact and damage to the BROWN plastic connector housing that sticks out more then a inch and the side body too on the rear frame end was dented , instant NO GO to a customer client .......:confused::(:confused::(:(

- luckly i keep more then one of these on hand so i just put the hurt one aside and carries on ,,,,

- i WILL NEVER turn my back on a ALTERNATOR during wrapping it up to mail out ever again , this was NOT the first time ......it was a 2nd from a similar incident , many years ago

Last edited:
1700851456500.png

Why never both?
The cable guy told me (could be wrong) that the solder can wick up into the wire past the crimp and that is your new rigid/flex bending transition point. Over time that is your failure point.

the worse one is soldering then crimping, where you have the same issue but also poor clamping/deformation of the copper wire

Is crimp and solder technique OEM? In the mil/aero world its alway either, never both
Why never both?

I saw @BurntToast super valid and indeed intriguing tech question last night late and I made it a point so Scribble in my daily job log a set reminder to B

I was not aware of any TOYOTA that has 2 Solid White wires at the B+ Ring terminal ..

This created the need to use a special M6 Terminal that I had to special order from JAPAN …

More to come ..

i am subscribed to incorporating Space Age Rocket Science Technology into any Vintage TOYOTA this and that i do daily here at the Laboratory ....

- just see the proof below , nowadays the TEq is Landing several times a week at the very least ,,, :D

- but ....

- i failed to mention in my chatty matty tech above , ...

- i simply and carefully only folded over the 4 open barrel tabs like i did , to hold the one 10ga & its little 12ga buddy there after i polished the copper strands BRIGHT , and lathered them in SILVER SOLDER Flux , the POISON kind you accidently rub in your eye , your calling 911

- my OEM Double Open Barrel Dies LONG hangle Ergonomics ratchet crimpers , only go up to 10ga

- i have no idea there was a 2nd white wire in there 12ga at that , i still have NO CLUE why or what its for , i have NEVER seen a doubled up B+ Ring Terminal White Wire w/ blue tracer / Solid white wire like that in tandem at the Alternator B+ RING in my Toyota Life Time anyway ....

- Typically i would NEVER Silver Solder like that , but i had ZERO OPTIONS on the table .....

- except my new little buddies here i scooped up at the new Local Dispensary that some how Sprung up over night across town ?

anyway , these F'ing ROCK ,pin point precision heat at the flick of the thumb !

best of all , there refillable / re/charge using a small butane mother ship can upside down

7762F5DA-80F6-43CD-915E-43C6FC01B37B.jpeg
EE8F1BE2-1566-4AFE-870E-D5ED2D8CC43C.jpeg

mega_watermark_53379697 - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

78303-90A03 6.jpg

.😆

Last edited:
i happened upon this clip by chance a few years ago , i honestly watch the beginning opening author's mind blowing words of inspiration and wisdom at least once a week or more some times , i generally crank the desk top sound system to full throttle volume , for the speakers in the shop , in the mornings , it recharges me , gives me Inspiration , and by the time that bad boy is clear of the top of the pad tower that falls away , my wife is texting my phone from upstairs to turn that Rocket down .....

i realized one day months later , that i was more or less , already doing what the Author suggests to the audience watching that they do .....

i recall that moment clearly as right now because its real , and in a fundamental sense , helps make this here below happen more often each day at work and in my personal HOBBY Time on GHOST and the rest of the TOYOTA Fleet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom