Rotating Engine Stand w/ Wrong Hardware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Well I finally received my new and correct hardware to do the assembly of the rotating engine stand from Jegs. Back story for those who don't know.....I ordered the engine stand from Jegs for about $200 and it came in all beat to hell (paint only) from the horrible packaging and POS Fedex driver who did not give a s***. I complained to Jegs about the shipment and they refunded me 50% of the price after I threatened to post the pics on social media. I really did not care about the paint scratches and chips etc.....it is a shop tool after all but I wanted to make a point. When I started to do the assembly I noticed all the hardware was grade 4.8 metric (equivalent to a grade 2 here in the USA and not really meant to hold any loads, much less a fully assembled V8 and spin it around.) I called back for bitch session #2 and they told me "go buy the hardware, and email the receipt". OK, clearly they are too lazy and too dense to correct the problem themselves so they want me to do the work. No problem, time is money. I went right to McMaster Carr and ordered everything I needed.......$87.50 with shipping, LOL. Some items had minimum orders, so be it, not my problem. I emailed the order with the shipping charges to Jegs and they credited my card for the same amount. I made sure to order grade 10.9 for all of it, and I even have a bunch of extras :cheers: . So, in all.....paid $200 - $100 - $87.50 = $12.50 for a rotating engine stand and a bunch of extra 10.9 hardware. Did Jegs learn a lesson or fix their issues, probably not :mad:. Overall the quality is very poor but it won't fall apart. The main reason I chose this one was the price and that it folds down to a small footprint when not in use.

20200227_221223.jpg

20200227_221233.jpg

20200227_221441.jpg

Uhh... I think you mean you paid $100 total. $12.50 to Jegs, and $87.50 to Mc-C. Right?

Uhh... I think you mean you paid $100 total. $12.50 to Jegs, and $87.50 to Mc-C. Right?
Jegs, refunded me the amount for the hardware as well 🤣

Yes but you still spent the money. Think about it...

Still, looks like a nice stand

Yes but you still spent the money. Think about it...

Still, looks like a nice stand
Damn, you are right. Well, 1st mistake in 49 years, not too shabby. Just don't tell my wife because I keep telling her that I'm always right :rofl:

Pffft.. wait till you get to be an old fart like me. I make mistakes daily.

I like the small footprint of that unit. Also, I would suggest pulling the cover off the rotating assembly and inspecting, cleaning, and putting new lubricant in. I did this on my HF metal cutting band saw, found a small chunk of machining debris in the gearbox.

20180513_151953.jpg
20180513_151846.jpg

Hi @Hack , sounds like good advice. I will do so, thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom