Roof consoles and door speaker pods....anyone interested? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tan panels appear to be shorter than the Grey ones?

Yeah....great eye on the door panels too. I looked right at that tan one and only saw the drip or stain on the panel. Lol. I'm wired wrong.

I think the tan one is a 2 door..."workmate" model with the lowly crank windows. I would assume the grey is on a 76. The dimensions look the same based on the space between the pocket and end of door/speaker.....just different size/shape doors?

I will find out for sure.

Last edited:
The tan panels appear to be shorter than the Grey ones?

Confirmed by manufacturer.....79 single cab are the tan ones....76 series and 79 double cab are the grey ones.

Speaker pods are universal to all 70 series trucks.

The single cab doors must be longer then. I'll have to get the tape measure out tomorrow.

The single cab doors must be longer then. I'll have to get the tape measure out tomorrow.

Yep....maybe 2-3" shorter for the 4 doors? Guess we will find out.

Ya I am interested.

You won’t get anything out of Australia for consoles, unless you have the exact model they are made for. Been there and done that, they simply would not sell to me even through a 3rd party.

I took measurements and it seems to me a 76/78/79 would fit our 25+ year old 70’s.

Cheers
Im not sure this is true, at least not recently. I got my Dept of interior shipped to my door with cutouts for my ham and CB, just time, no issues.

Roof consoles

Front and rear console as well as the center console.... what issues did you have?

Im not sure this is true, at least not recently. I got my Dept of interior shipped to my door with cutouts for my ham and CB, just time, no issues.

Roof consoles

Front and rear console as well as the center console.... what issues did you have?

Those look really nice. Department of the Interior would not ship to the US when I inquired:

Thanks for your email Chris.

Unfortunately, we are not currently offering international shipping on our products.

In the past, we have attempted to make products for international customers, but we have seen some variations between our models and overseas models, which prevent the product from fitting correctly. Examples below:

• Mounting point locations
  • Roof lining shape
  • Interior colour
  • The factory accessories (e.g. the size and shape of interior lights, sunglasses holders etc.)
Without full access to the vehicle to check all relevant information and patterns, we are not able to offer a product for you. We'd like to extend our range to accommodate for international models in the future, but we are at full capacity manufacturing for the Australian market.

Sorry, we are not able to offer you a product at this stage.

Yep....maybe 2-3" shorter for the 4 doors? Guess we will find out.

The two-door version door is definitely longer than the four-door version. It is tricky to measure however because the back edges of the doors are way different and the additional length varies depending on the landmarks. For example, the difference at the bottom of the door glass opening is about an inch and on the inside at the level just above the aftermarket pocket the difference is about 2 1/2 inches.

I have been living with these things for almost three years and I never really noticed how different they actually are. I'm amazed.

Concerning the map pocket. I appears that the OEM pocket is transferred over to the new speaker panel. If that is the case owners of early models like what we can get here will not be able to transfer their original pockets over since they are 3 1/2 inches shorter than the new ones.

To complete the package for an early truck it will be necessary to order the correct OEM pockets as well. Early interior colors are also different and to get a decent appearance the speaker panels will need to be painted. That is not too difficult but it does add to the cost.

The two-door version door is definitely longer than the four-door version. It is tricky to measure however because the back edges of the doors are way different and the additional length varies depending on the landmarks. For example, the difference at the bottom of the door glass opening is about an inch and on the inside at the level just above the aftermarket pocket the difference is about 2 1/2 inches.

I have been living with these things for almost three years and I never really noticed how different they actually are. I'm amazed.

Turns out I have a door panel from a 2012 76.....I held it up to the door of my 73 and it's a totally different shape like you described. I've looked at that door panel 25x I bet and never noticed. Would have probably never noticed either. Lol.

Concerning the map pocket. I appears that the OEM pocket is transferred over to the new speaker panel. If that is the case owners of early models like what we can get here will not be able to transfer their original pockets over since they are 3 1/2 inches shorter than the new ones.

To complete the package for an early truck it will be necessary to order the correct OEM pockets as well. Early interior colors are also different and to get a decent appearance the speaker panels will need to be painted. That is not too difficult but it does add to the cost.

I'm going to include the pockets now. It's easier for me to get the right ones and just send them along at an additional cost. These will be for the newer trucks so grey or oak and they will be the longer ones. Early trucks with the brown will need to get creative with some dye to make it all work and match if so desired.

The early grey is darker and does not have a blue hue so some may want to tweak that as well. I like them.:)

The early grey is darker and does not have a blue hue so some may want to tweak that as well. I like them.:)

The ol' bluish-grey...

Getting ready to place another order for speaker pods so if anyone wants in.....let me know.

@TonyP the 6x9 style...

Interested in a set of of grey fronts for a 74 and a F/R set for a 77 in grey too. PM me price please.

If it isn't too late I would be interested in the door speaker panels and an overhead console all for grey interior.

Also interested in a set of speaker pods, brown, for a 1988 BJ71, depending on price. PM please!

PMs sent to those who inquired

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom