Builds “Ron” Build Thread - 2010 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dual USB charging port and voltage indicator added to the second row.
3006FA0E-5F16-4A1F-BB15-B232EC6E23B1.jpeg

Looks like "black-out" is the project to do this week!

Did you remove the pieces to spray or did you just tape it off?

Just taped it off. Nice thing about plasty dip is that if you screw up, you just peel it off and start over again. Not sure if I like the gray on the Lexus emblem or not.Was going for a somewhat match on my TRD rims

Just taped it off. Nice thing about plasty dip is that if you screw up, you just peel it off and start over again. Not sure if I like the gray on the Lexus emblem or not.Was going for a somewhat match on my TRD rims

I thought about matching my wheels as well but the grille already does that pretty well, so I might just leave it as is, for now.

Did you say which front bumper you were getting?

I bought the Coastal Offroad kit, which allowed me to customize a little and add a front receiver instead of a winch tray. I ha e a friend welding together for me starting tomorrow, then off to powder coat.

I bought the Coastal Offroad kit, which allowed me to customize a little and add a front receiver instead of a winch tray. I ha e a friend welding together for me starting tomorrow, then off to powder coat.

Im pretty excited to see this. Its one bumper that I actually like on the 460 that is slim and high up. Looking forward to it being done!

No diff drop kit. Researched and talked to people and analyzed the angles and what the diff drop kit actually did and came away being not convinced I need it.
Stay tuned to see if I was wrong... 😉

No diff drop kit. Researched and talked to people and analyzed the angles and what the diff drop kit actually did and came away being not convinced I need it.
Stay tuned to see if I was wrong... 😉

I am not running one either by suggestion of the shop who did the install and who has installed dozens of lifts on 460's.

It all depends on the front strut length more so than the CV angles. If you're using the Dobinsons GS59-574, at full extension, the CV's bind due to the extended length.

I too was wanting to do a diff drop kit, but talking to the guys at YotaMasters (who did all the work), they convinced that it wasn't necessary, even with a 3" lift and 287/75R17"
Albeit, I do have Icon control arms to correct any alignment issues.
Considering that they talked me OUT of having extra work done to my rig (read: losing money), it persuaded me that 1) they're legit, 2) I REALLY don't need them.
In the past almost 2 years with my build in a lot of kinds of off roading, no regrets yet in not having a diff drop kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom