Riveter Nut Gun tool recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
So I have a need for a decent rivnut gun as I realized that the cheap-o HF one that I purchased years ago is SAE only.
Don't want one of the huge, two handed ones if at all possible, single hand one would be optimal.

Main thing I would like is to find one that is of decent/good quality that can accept both SAE and Metric mandrel heads up to about 1/2" (realize that may bump me into the longer two-handed versions).

Anyways, what say you MUD continuum.

could make your own with a bolt or threaded rod and a couple of nuts ?

Yeah main reason I was wanting to stay away from the two handed was for simplicity and compactness. However, it looks like if I want to do anything more than a 10-24 threading then I am going to have to step up. Reason for the purchase is also that I wanted to add some extra mounting points for my license place, which stock threaded nuts are M6x1.25.

I have a Marson 39300 tool and a pile of inserts in both metric and SAE. I've used it a ton, very handy. It's a good tool, but I busted a mandrel last summer and they are getting really hard to find individually. By the time you buy a single mandrel, you can just buy a whole Chinesium kit. Pretty disappointed. It's also maxed out at 1/4-20, so you'll need the bigger tool if you wanna go any bigger than that.

Do NOT use the stainless inserts. They are very stiff and hard to crush. They overwhelm the #8 and M5 mandrels, and they snap.

I use this small tool that apparently has been sold to another company. Here's my 2009 post #14. It looks like two triangles that slide against each other by a screw on the side. It looks like homebuilder bought it out.

Last edited:
Yeah main reason I was wanting to stay away from the two handed was for simplicity and compactness. However, it looks like if I want to do anything more than a 10-24 threading then I am going to have to step up. Reason for the purchase is also that I wanted to add some extra mounting points for my license place, which stock threaded nuts are M6x1.25.

Are you sure that the nuts aren't M6x1.0? That's the typical thread size for M6.

Picked up a pair of Astro Pneumatic tools. Very nice and no complaints: Rivet Nut Tools

I have a gun style Marson that I’ve used a bunch. 8mm is doable but probably the max. If you’re inserting a lot of 8mm it’ll be miserable. I recently bought a 2-handed style, POP PNT310. It Chinese, but seems well made, parts are available for it and pretty reasonable. Same tool can accept SAE and metric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom