Rhino 4x4 Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mcgaskins

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone here have experience with Rhino 4x4 front bumpers here in the US? I was a bad influence on my buddy and convinced him to buy a 200, and now he's being a bad influence right back sending me links to stuff I want to buy for mine :hillbilly:

The Rhino 3D Evolution bumper is my favorite I've seen that meets the requirements of: looking mostly OEM, being crash tested, allows for full airflow to the engine, retains the headlight washers and original camera location, and replaces the entire front bumper (no cutting and keeping part of the front valence like with ARB). I like the ARB and TJM offerings, but they're more bulky and aftermarket looking than what I'm looking to do with Ruby. I want to add a winch and thought about a hidden winch mount, but I'd like to stick with something that's been done/proven a bit more than what's on the market right now. The 3D bumper looks to check all the boxes and looks fantastic color matched which I'd also consider to keep it looking as stock as possible.

So anyone here with some real world experience with Rhino 4x4? I've sent an email to their sales staff to see if there are any existing or planned distribution channels, so I'm curious what they'll come back with.

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 16+ (FACELIFT) FRONT BAR - Rhino4x4

rhino.JPG
rhino2.JPG

Wow, hadn't seen this bumper before. Plate steel that isn't flat, what a concept! Evolution indeed. Loods great on the 16+ front end.

I looked at sourcing one back in April. I didnt see an exporter from South Africa or Zimbabwe, they did have a retailer in United Kingsom that shipped to United States. Don’t have exact notes with me, but I think it was $2k and $1k shipping. I have a link to the uk site I think somewhere.
Edit updated link. It’s a reseller, so they can likely get the tlc part. And 2k gbp, not $

It looks really good for keeping it more oe style. Says it includes led fogs, wonder if you can use the oe fogs like ARB? Weight?

This too is my favorite bumper. From the first time I saw it I was sold.

I Would love it if I could add a bull hoop in the middle for my use.

Wouldn’t be too hard.

It is attractive, but it doesn’t offer the protection that I want. Here in New England, we have a ton of deer. For me, part of the attraction of a steel bumper is protection from animal strikes. That requires protecting the radiator and headlights, which would entail a bit more protrusion and a bull bar. This bumper doesn’t work for me. YMMV.

This is very exciting, I love the more OEM look.

Is this done yet?
Can I blame Greg if it's not, he's not here to defend himself anyway.

They have a hot mess of a backorder right now. I ordered one in January for a build and still am ~30-days out. They have qty 200 at the Melbourne port, it’s going to have to go through customs and take a month trip to Indiana. It was $6600 with shipping. That included the Rhino 12.5k winch, red synthetic rope, headlamp washer cut out, parking sensor cut out, color coded wings, black bash plate.

Yes we both are actually! I’ve seen pics without it color matched and it looks kinda weird on the 16+ LC.

Hurry and get that bumper installed!!

They have a hot mess of a backorder right now. I ordered one in January for a build and still am ~30-days out. They have qty 200 at the Melbourne port, it’s going to have to go through customs and take a month trip to Indiana. It was $6600 with shipping. That included the Rhino 12.5k winch, red synthetic rope, headlamp washer cut out, parking sensor cut out, color coded wings, black bash plate.

$6600 for a bumper and a winch, yikes! I like the look as it's a sleeper bumper, but I don't think I can bring myself to spend that kind of coin on one. I have to agree with a few others that mentioned needing a bit more protection for animal strikes as well. That said, I look forward to seeing these on y'alls rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom