Return to ih8mud, new LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After having moved on from Toyota/Lexus for a few years now, I’ve returned. Fun to see my 10 year anniversary badge when I logged in. Had a 2003 Sequoia and 2008 GX470 so been around the 4.7 several times.

This time around it’s a 2001 LX470. 189k miles. Purchased locally (Franklin TN). Lots of fun bits already installed. And lots of PM already done.

Brake booster appears to have been replaced, AHC fully deleted, TB and WP done at 150k, heater hose T’s replaced with factory pieces, etc. Tranny fluid is bright pink. Power steering fluid tastes new. Brake fluid could use a flush.

Exterior and interior plastic and trim bits could use some help.

Front end is a bit of a question. Think it’s an ARB Sahara, and Smittybilt winch, that was installed by someone with their eyes closed. It’s way too close to the body. So close that they cut out the headlight and grill trim support piece to clear the bumper. Plus they notched the top of the ARB instead of relocating the winch control box.

Fun to be back to Toyota/Lexus and MUD.

EE4CD2A9-79FD-4E87-B15D-9E5B8226923E.jpeg
C6446449-107B-4972-B950-85FBB8E83EEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome Back! I like the fun bits on yours. Have you noticed any noise from the ARB bumper being so close to the body?
Yeah, absolutely it makes noise. Plus with those headlight trim pieces holding on with just a hope and a prayer, they rattle against the bumper. I'll need to pull the bumper, readjust the frame mounts, replace the missing reinforcement piece, relocate the winch control box, and then adjust all bumper mounting to move it away from the body. You know, a nice easy job...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom