New LX470 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently bought a 2004 LX470 with 164k miles on it. AHC has been deleted and replaced with OEM LC parts. It has minor surface rust in a few spots. The “skid plate” has the most rust on it but that’s going to the trash to be replaced. The first thing is it needs tires. Only thing not working is the gas gauge randomly works. Haven’t had much time to look into it but if anyone knows the obvious answer I’d appreciate it. Also don’t be distracted by the beautiful ‘79 K20 sitting next to it.

IMG_6661.jpeg

Well, get right on the heater tees, and report back ;).

welcome. I have the same issue with intermittent gas gauge on my 2004. Seems to be a common problem for that year only. The only fix i've found is a $700-$900 instrument cluster repair or purchasre a refurbished unit for over $1000 from Our Lexus LX470 Gauge Cluster Repair Service - Tanin Auto Electronix - https://taninautoelectronix.com/our-lexus-lx470-gauge-cluster-repair-service/.

please let me know if you find any other repair services out there that might be cheaper than this option.
I’ll replace fuel pump and sending unit first to see if that solves the issue. Much cheaper than a gauge cluster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom