Resurrecting 66 FJ45LV Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning all,

I'm resurrecting a project that I just picked up. The PO did a ton of work on it, but lost interest back in '13. I picked it up a few weeks ago, just in time to quarantine. Mostly, this needs time put into it, more than money so my timing was uncanny.

I'm finding that I have most everything I need, save some rubber parts. Aside from needing to find window gaskets (which I think I have handled), I need door window run channel and the "wipers" for the outside of the door windows and the "fuzzies" for the inside of them. I've done a search on this site for 45LV threads addressing these items, but so far not much luck. I've heard that JCWhitney may be a source for the window runs, but I'm not sure which part to order. Does anyone have a part number that they know works? I htink the channel for the FJ55 is too wide.

Anyway, Here she is... '66 ELSIE

IMG_5463.JPG
IMG_5384.JPG

IMG_5378_rot.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! The FJ45LV, a face only a mother could love, but cool regardless ;)

Very nice truck. We live on pictures so the more the better!

There is a specific FJ45 section which may help out with some of your questions better than the general section.

Regardless, welcome to the addiction club.

Was this 45 hiding somewhere in Northern California?????

Wow what a beauty, I replaced all the door rubber on mine including the wipers and felts I can’t remember who it was but someone put together a kit might have been coolerman anyway if you go to the 45lv forum you’ll find it . We need more pictures!!!!

Was this 45 hiding somewhere in Northern California?????

It was. I'm in Santa Rosa and it was a little North of me. The project was begun in 2005 and for whatever reason it was shelved/back-burnered in 2013 when it was placed in a shipping container. It didn't see the light of day until 15-Mar when I picked it up. Since then, I've got it running and reliable. Going through one thing at a time and making it right. My goal is to close the hood with it in better shape than when I opened it. I'll align the front end on Saturday and my glass guy will have hopefully found the gaskets by then and then I'll put the interior together and start driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom