replacing cigarette lighter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cigarette lighter doesn't work. The fuse is not bad. Is this a easy DIY. Does the dashboard assembly need to be removed?

Have you tried anything else to test it, meaning a cell phone charger, tire inflater, etc...
If it works, just a run to the local junkyard to pick up a new ciggy lighter!
:cheers:

Pull out the ashtray assembly, two phillips screws, you can reach behind the dash. The housing you'll feel unscrews. Two wires, flat connection is ground, round pin is hot. Any aftermarket lighter assy will work. Maybe 15 minutes.

You probly melted the fusible link contained in the assembly. It is there as a safety measure, but if you pull the assembly out and remove the composite insulating washer and reassemble, you will have power, and still be protected by the fuse. Search would turn up at least two in depth discussions on this..

Dan

I replaced mine with a OEM one. Was like $19 or some ****. Just push the old one out, push the new one in. Was cake. The power is connected with a "L" shaped electrical type blade plug.

I know this is an older thread, but do you know the part number for the cig lighter assembly? Where did you get your OEM part for 19ish?

I know this is an older thread, but do you know the part number for the cig lighter assembly? Where did you get your OEM part for 19ish?

First things first, make sure that the assembly didn't come unplugged. If you use chargers, sometimes when you pull them out, the will unseat the assembly. Easy fix.

Eric,
You probably don't need a new lighter assembly. Just put a jumper over the fusible link and be done with it.

I do not know the part number.
-B-

Last edited:
Why do you need the part number to get a new one? :confused:

Also, you know about C-Dan?

Yeah, I have heard C-Dan is awesome and the prices I got from him this morning were great compared to the dealerships.

I was looking for the part number so see if I could pickup one from another website out of another toyota or lexus. Just wanted to make sure the part numbers were the same.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

Thanks for your help.

Two of us have asked you to check the fusible link on the rear of the cigarette lighter housing. Are you going to give us the courtesy of a reply?

-B-

... the prices I got from him this morning were great compared to the dealerships.

Dan is the parts department manager at American Toyota in Albuquerque. He *is* a dealership.

-B-

Two of us have asked you to check the fusible link on the rear of the cigarette lighter housing. Are you going to give us the courtesy of a reply?

-B-

Yeah, I will. I just have not had a chance to get out to work on the truck b/c Daddy Daycare has still not hit nap time yet.

Eric

Cig Lighter

I replaced mine with a $10 replacment lighter at Auto Zone. I did fabricate a small piece of plastic to make it fit, but it works fine, and I didn't have to pay that rediculous price for the Toyota replacment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom