Removing Rear Spoiler??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have one of the "whale tail" spoilers they want to sell? I don't care what color it is, just need all the parts to install it on my hatch.

I ditched my old spoiler. Mounted a couple lights ups there using these brackets that mount to the existing bolt holes. I can't remember who makes them though...

IMG_1828.JPG

I'd be interested in seeing more pics of the lights mounted in the spoiler hole locations.

Got any close ups @Beanzermin ?

Bump, interested in this too!

I ditched my old spoiler. Mounted a couple lights ups there using these brackets that mount to the existing bolt holes. I can't remember who makes them though...

View attachment 1821449
I hope you didn't let any of those Jeeps touch your Cruiser?

Thanks for the mention! Much appreciated!

Ive got a blade spoiler (metal or hard plastic) with 1 mount and 1 broken mount that Id consider selling. After much deliberation, Im not going to put it back on my cruiser. Cruiser is in getting holes welded and rear lid repainted.

Todd

Ive got a blade spoiler (metal or hard plastic) with 1 mount and 1 broken mount that Id consider selling. After much deliberation, Im not going to put it back on my cruiser. Cruiser is in getting holes welded and rear lid repainted.

Todd

I suppose the first thing to do would be to decide if you are going to sell it or not sell it (not just 'consider). Then the next thing would be to post this in the classified section and not 'tech' if you want to sell.

Last edited:
Hoping to not start a new thread for this question. Are these washers on top of a threaded insert or are these part of the threaded insert? I was hoping they are washers and I could remove them and replace with black ones and button head bolts. I pryed a bit on them but the silicone has them held in place quite well.

1D245BB0-B3A7-4049-A684-855223E46905.jpeg

Those aren’t washers bud, those are nutserts and they’re metal, only way to get them completely out is to drill them out.

Those aren’t washers bud, those are nutserts and they’re metal, only way to get them completely out is to drill them out.
That is what I expected. Seemed to thick for a common washer and I couldn't see a seam when I looked in with flashlight. No big deal, I can make do. Thanks

Removed at lunch. A 4 mm allen wrench and a 10mm wrench. Luckily for me some of the paint was rubbed off where the bracket touched the body. It seems like a really good place to mount some lights.
View attachment 217326View attachment 217327
I'm looking at doing this to mine, I just purchased it and I can not stand the spoiler. How difficult was it to remove? Did you leave the screws in after and seal? I have the same exterior color, champagne pearl (silver). Any help / guidance is appreciated!

I have an 06 lc and want to remove the spoiler, does the third light from the spoiler fit in the spot on the hatch or do i need to order a different light?
Eggbeater82, sounds like you had a spoiler with integrated tail light. Care to share some pics of the spoiler? I would be interested in the spoiler?

I'm looking at doing this to mine, I just purchased it and I can not stand the spoiler. How difficult was it to remove? Did you leave the screws in after and seal? I have the same exterior color, champagne pearl (silver). Any help / guidance is appreciated!
Any of you ditching the spoiler and it’s in good shape, let me know

BTW, be careful messing with the spoiler mounts. I'm trying to track down a leak in my upper hatch. I started by sealing the 3rd light, then I figured I'd seal around the spoiler mount bolts in case water could be getting in there. I didn't read this and learn about the nuserts / rivet nuts, I figured there was a blind nut on the back or something. Well both of the bolts on the first mounts I tried to remove were rusted to the nutsert and the nutserts just started spinning. I of course had no way to know this as the bracket covers the holes, so I thought I was just turning the bolt at first. That was until one of the nutserts pulled straight out. Oddly enough that one didn't damage the sheet metal. It wasn't very 'ballooned' inside so it came out rather easily. Maybe I got lucky and it wasn't installed very well. Unfortunately the upper one bent the metal a bit before I figured out what was happening. I suspect the upper one was leaking just by the looks of it. Long way to say I get to figure out where to find rivet nuts this weekend and install new ones (hopefully). Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom