Removing front passenger side brake rotor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It bolts to the backside of the hub.

dsc00116-jpg.998933

Teardown is pretty much the same as if you're repacking the wheel bearing, which you'll do when you put it back together. Look up Youtube videos or other info by searching for the wheel nearing terms.

You'll need to pull the caliper, tie it carefully out of the way and you can avoid needing to bleed the brakes. Be sure to check that brake line.

After that the hub assembly with the rotor bolted to it slides off the end of tyhe axle once the C=clip, drive plate, and spindle nuts with locking ring and washers are removed. Be sure to inspect things rather than slapping it back together. Then torque to spec and be especially careful not to over do it when torquing the nuts that go over the cone washers.

It won't slide over hub. In video the guy took hub and rotor off together and then tapped the ring off.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Nope, it's a decent job. Not particularly difficult, but potentially time consuming. I just did it and ended up needing more parts than I anticipated, including a new caliper. Ended up taking me 4 days by the time I got parts etc. If you had it all laid out ahead of time and knew what you were doing, it would probably still be at least 2 hours per side.

Grab a 6 pack, some rubber gloves and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom