Remove Oil Filter on 1FZ-FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale
Threads
Website
jonathan-ferguson.tk
Currently have a Ryco or Valvoline Z418 which is the only choice in Australia.
I can't get my hand in from the top and when I go from the bottom the Oil Filter Tool can't move enough, Becouse it hits the Axle Housing. ???

I use a large Visegrips. It is big enough to lock on to the filter. It still is tight but it works. You still have to remove the filter from under the vehicle :( If you need a pic of the Visegrip let me know?
kurt

I replace mine from the top and just use my hands :D

If you have to, get one of those endo jobs with a shortie 3/8" ratchet.

Or start working out in the gym :flipoff2: :urinate:

Ive got a socket thing that will fit on the FRAM one but its way to big for the 200004 one or whatever. Might try looking for one of those, great time saver.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=4266;start=0#msg31852 date=1060740241]
I replace mine from the top and just use my hands :D

Or start working out in the gym
thefinger.gif
:urinate:
[/quote]

We all know how you got those forearms so strong. :D

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=4266;start=0#msg31859 date=1060741365]
We all know how you got those forearms so strong. :D
[/quote]
:D
Can't help myself when I see your 5 green stars :-*
:flipoff2:

If I recall.....wasn't it Junk who informed us all that it helps reduce the risk of prostste cancer ;)

and it seems to help in the removal of the oil filter too :D

About 10 years ago, I started putting oil filters on with only a half turn once the seal contacts and I've never had one leak (several diff vehicles). Makes removing them a breeze. Wish someone would invent a bracket to hold the 80 on its driver's side so I could actually perform an oil change on it without looking like the Exxon Valdez came by.

IdahoDoug

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=4266;start=msg32156#msg32156 date=1060835005]
About 10 years ago, I started putting oil filters on with only a half turn once the seal contacts and I've never had one leak (several diff vehicles). Makes removing them a breeze. Wish someone would invent a bracket to hold the 80 on its driver's side so I could actually perform an oil change on it without looking like the Exxon Valdez came by.

IdahoDoug
[/quote]

I always put them on by hand with oil on the gasket and I can always get em off by hand.

Maybe you can get one of these to tilt up the 80 for oil changes.

Doug, Just put a rag under the filter to catch the oil. It works fine. No runs, no drips, no errors.

Here is C-Dan's Toyota LARGE filter and what he does to change it.
Bill

Yup......

It was really a beetch til Bill made that nice wrench for me ::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom