Remove Oil Filter on 1FZ-FE

Visit site
I use a large Visegrips. It is big enough to lock on to the filter. It still is tight but it works. You still have to remove the filter from under the vehicle :( If you need a pic of the Visegrip let me know?
kurt

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Visit site
[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=4266;start=0#msg31852 date=1060740241]
I replace mine from the top and just use my hands :D

Or start working out in the gym
thefinger.gif
:urinate:
[/quote]

We all know how you got those forearms so strong. :D

Visit site
[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=4266;start=0#msg31859 date=1060741365]
We all know how you got those forearms so strong. :D
[/quote]
:D
Can't help myself when I see your 5 green stars :-*
:flipoff2:

Visit site
If I recall.....wasn't it Junk who informed us all that it helps reduce the risk of prostste cancer ;)

and it seems to help in the removal of the oil filter too :D

Visit site
About 10 years ago, I started putting oil filters on with only a half turn once the seal contacts and I've never had one leak (several diff vehicles). Makes removing them a breeze. Wish someone would invent a bracket to hold the 80 on its driver's side so I could actually perform an oil change on it without looking like the Exxon Valdez came by.

IdahoDoug

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Visit site
[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=4266;start=msg32156#msg32156 date=1060835005]
About 10 years ago, I started putting oil filters on with only a half turn once the seal contacts and I've never had one leak (several diff vehicles). Makes removing them a breeze. Wish someone would invent a bracket to hold the 80 on its driver's side so I could actually perform an oil change on it without looking like the Exxon Valdez came by.

IdahoDoug
[/quote]

I always put them on by hand with oil on the gasket and I can always get em off by hand.

Maybe you can get one of these to tilt up the 80 for oil changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom