Remote Start - can you modify it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think the fact that when I remote start my truck and as soon as you open the door it shuts the truck off, is just silly. I get the anti theft thing, but with the key in my pocket I should be able to disable this feature? Can you? I have not seen it in the menu settings?

Anyone else have $.02 on this one?

This is something that is baked into the DNA of the engine control system. If it's possible to hack around it, someone would have figured it out by now. Even 12voltsolutions.com says it can't be bypassed.

"Vehicle WILL shut off when a door is opened - this is a Toyota/Lexus feature that can not be disabled"

Lots going on here. What I’ve gathered from other sites….I dug really deep into this…is that it is somewhere in the DNA/ECU (as mentioned above) and that when you remote start your vehicle not all parts to actually drive your vehicle are ‘on’. For instance, if you were able to sit in your vehicle and remote start it you still wouldn’t be able to drive off. Basically remote start puts the vehicle in a ‘sleep walking’ mode, but it’s not ‘fully awake’ if that makes sense. I have no hard data to back that up, just after scouring Toyota sites (Tundras, etc) for hours that is what all the pieces of the puzzle say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom