Anything new with remote start options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched on the forums; I see most people recommend the 12v solutions kit. Is that still the best solution?

Requirements - want to be able to access it via an app. And see if it is locked/unlocked. 2020 Heritage, doesn't seem to have factory remote start

Thanks

I have searched on the forums; I see most people recommend the 12v solutions kit. Is that still the best solution?

Requirements - want to be able to access it via an app. And see if it is locked/unlocked. 2020 Heritage, doesn't seem to have factory remote start

Thanks
I have this installed on my '15 - best solution out there. The app works great

I put the compustar in my ‘21 last month, very happy with it. Best Buy installed it for free. The 2-way remote that came with it has great range (I’ll start it from 500-800 feet away pretty regularly)

I opted against the app, but I’ve had it with previous compustar installs and it has worked fine

I put the compustar in my ‘21 last month, very happy with it. Best Buy installed it for free. The 2-way remote that came with it has great range (I’ll start it from 500-800 feet away pretty regularly)

I opted against the app, but I’ve had it with previous compustar installs and it has worked fine
Maybe things are better now… but back in the early 2000’s it was nearly impossible to find a reliable careful car audio/alarm installer. I remember in high school, working at the Best Buy tech bench (computer repair), and the stories from the audio shop were insane. I’m a little hesitant, unless they use plug in harnesses now

I have this installed on my '15 - best solution out there. The app works great
What app do you use? Got the kit installed, but there is no 12volt solutions app on the iOS store and their app install links are all dead. Ideally I can test it before putting the dash back together. I called them but I assume they’re closed Saturday.

What app do you use? Got the kit installed, but there is no 12volt solutions app on the iOS store and their app install links are all dead. Ideally I can test it before putting the dash back together. I called them but I assume they’re closed Saturday.
I think the app is called Car Link. It’s a blue square with CL on it.

I think the app is called Car Link. It’s a blue square with CL on it.

Found it - it's called "CL6". Or at least, this is what I found from youtube comments. Who knows maybe some kid in china or russia now has complete control of my ignition and locks but it does seem to be working.

Note for anyone else installing the 12volt kit, the SLP connector (this will make sense when you install it), the female side on the 12volt harness does not have a receptacle for the latch. So ideally, before you run all of the wiring, plug the two male/female SLP connectors together on the 12volt harness and drill a hole or xacto out a space so it will latch. Otherwise you should electrical tape/zip tie the SLP connector so it doesn't work itself loose. This isn't super obvious when you install it, but basically tug on each connector make sure they are secure. If they aren't, secure them.

I've had the 12V solutions installed since Nov 2022 and it has worked great. No bugs or hiccups. FYI the annual membership is $39.00 after the first year. There is a great writeup on the forum too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom