Reliable Denver area mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I recently moved to Colorado with me 96 fj80 and am having trouble passing smog to get registered. My CO output is 21.3, just barely over. I've tried CRC emissions cleaner but that didn't work. I got a diagnostic and it said I'm misfiring on all cylinders at 3000 rpms, although it runs fine on the highway. I've gone to a few different mechanics and I've gotten different answers from all saying bad plugs, bad fuel injector, bad cat. Im not looking for a handout but im hanging on by a thread here and I don't want to get screwed over by a mechanic looking to make a buck off of my inexperience. Covid hasn't been kind on me and I moved out here with the last of my savings to try and start a business. Just looking for a reliable mechanic to take my truck to in the Denver area. Thanks guys

Do a search on Google and link it to IH8MUD. several posts on this over the past few years. This one is most recent and not necessarily specific to head work.

I had Ben do the head gasket on my 96 and was very happy with him. He definitely tries to just fix what's broken. He's in Castle Rock. I'll send you his number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom