Rehabbing seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Of course you could go with a whole new look as in this 80:
1605753940183.png

1605754053898.png

1605754118784.png

Mmmmm....!!! Corduroy! And faux fur floor mats!

I was just quoted about $600-$700 per seat w/ foams up here in NorCal, installed, at a local upholstery shop, and was ready to pull the trigger. 24 hours later I found a pair of manual WRX seats on CL for $200. I'm picking them up tomorrow. Going to either build a bracket or go with planted... might add either wet Oluke covers or a $99 amazon special. I 'm just not a fan of the stock seats.

Im starting to feel the same way. Nothing is easy on this rig. It takes a ton research and effort just to get something simple done. It’s like you turn a rock over and find a door straight to hell. I could go on about this or that, but at some point you have to say is it even worth it.
Then again, some of us idiots would buy more of these if the price was right for a truck with torn up interior and needing tons of maintenance that no one seems to know how to do..........

View attachment 2498707

I just got mine redone with new leather and foam. The place that did mine, actually is a train/ plane upholstery company.

The 80 now smells of rich leather, this was completed like a month ago. I don't know where you're located but I'm in so-cal and can point you to that place if you need.

Otherwise...find an upholstery shop, or shop for replacement seats. I also fixed my motor controls while they were out. The new foam is dense right now, so they provide a firm seat until they wear in. I do like that they are firm as I don't feel like I'm sinking in the seat anymore...

My only gripe with the factory seats is how heavy they are. You could have some serious weight savings and headache savings if you go with manual seats and either the stock second row seats re done or find a bench that works (unless you like to flip them forward)

I’m in SoCal, could you share what company that was? Probably out of my price range, but no harm in asking.

Then again, some of us idiots would buy more of these if the price was right for a truck with torn up interior and needing tons of maintenance that no one seems to know how to do..........

Yeah having to learn how do everything myself because none of the shops will do the maintenance or work. I took to a couple shops around here in Louisiana for some small work. One said they don’t touch them to many special tools required. Another quoted me an ridiculous price, maybe because they didn’t want to really mess with and the last said they wouldn’t work on it unless it was their parts.

Man I can’t decide if I want to rehab my LC or just get something new.

They are 25 year old 4x4s. They were among the most expensive SUVs on the road at the time and being such, well apportioned and quite complicated.

They need a good mechanic and a pretty complete garage to refurbish them back to new condition. The good part is that most of the parts are still available new.

The new 4Runners are pretty cool.

paid almost 1000 to have new front covers installed and about 500 for OEM foams. Looks and feels good but now I have a new problem: seat doesn’t go forward or back. Some lazy unprofessional installers out there.

I just happened to complete the new first row this past week. I bought the Land Cruiser Heaven leather. FANTASTIC quality. If I can do it, you can do it. There are links on this forum that provide pretty much step by step instructions. All you need to buy is a pair of hog nose pliers. I suggest the 45degree ones. All else is provided in the kit.

The gears on my electric seats were also shot. Bought the new gears from Gamiviti and they worked GREAT. Easy instructions to follow.

If you're looking for a lower cost option, I went with lseat for mine. I also did some minor repair to my ds lower seat foam by cutting the ripped stuff out and replacing with some extra firm memory foam. I used spray on 3m adhesive. Its been 2 and a half years and its held up well.

You can do the front row for about 300 dollars. I have seen the LCH leathers up close and they are without a doubt much nicer than lseat, but they are also 3 times the price and I knew I was going to wheel my LC so I couldn't justify the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom