Rehabbing seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, what kind of shop rehabs factory seats? Upholstery? I need the stuffing replaced on the driver and re-stitching as well.

Hello all, what kind of shop rehabs factory seats? Upholstery? I need the stuffing replaced on the driver and re-stitching as well.
Automotive upholstery shops.

PXL_20201030_222348603.jpg

I just got mine redone with new leather and foam. The place that did mine, actually is a train/ plane upholstery company.

The 80 now smells of rich leather, this was completed like a month ago. I don't know where you're located but I'm in so-cal and can point you to that place if you need.

Otherwise...find an upholstery shop, or shop for replacement seats. I also fixed my motor controls while they were out. The new foam is dense right now, so they provide a firm seat until they wear in. I do like that they are firm as I don't feel like I'm sinking in the seat anymore...

My only gripe with the factory seats is how heavy they are. You could have some serious weight savings and headache savings if you go with manual seats and either the stock second row seats re done or find a bench that works (unless you like to flip them forward)

Last edited:
I bought the land cruiser heaven covers. They are nice. had a local automotive upholster install. More money than I wanted to spend, I could have had them build their own for less, but these colors are perfect and they are full leather.

20200914_172302.jpg

$700 to $1000 for the seat covers PER ROW
$700 to $1000 for the labor to install above PER ROW.

It all depends on the quality you ask for and what you get.

You can probably get it done for $300 someplace.......

Can you share a ballpark figure for what it would have cost if you would have had the shop recover them versus installing the covers?
I think it was around $1200 for a complete rebuild of both front seats with new foam and covers. He also bid just repairs and I think it was in the $600 neighborhood. I think I ended up spending about $1500 (land cruiser heaven full leather covers, seat heaters, new foam and labor)

I bought the land cruiser heaven covers. They are nice. had a local automotive upholster install. More money than I wanted to spend, I could have had them build their own for less, but these colors are perfect and they are full leather.

View attachment 2499521
I too have a screw in place for the seat back adjustment 🤣

I think it was around $1200 for a complete rebuild of both front seats with new foam and covers. He also bid just repairs and I think it was in the $600 neighborhood. I think I ended up spending about $1500 (land cruiser heaven full leather covers, seat heaters, new foam and labor)

Thank you. That's helpful. Out of curiosity, did you have him quote cloth? I'm considering getting mine redone in cloth and am curious about the possible cost savings of cloth over leather.

Why not polished marble?
OP is in the PNW, not the Middle East. Though paying $2k on seats would be baller status as far as I’m concerned. I paid about 600 to get both the fronts seats redone on my LX.

Man I can’t decide if I want to rehab my LC or just get something new.
Check out the Scheel-Mann or Recaro seats listed in the other threads. Some of those are $1500 per seat.

Sorry I meant the car itself not just seats.

Im starting to feel the same way. Nothing is easy on this rig. It takes a ton research and effort just to get something simple done. It’s like you turn a rock over and find a door straight to hell. I could go on about this or that, but at some point you have to say is it even worth it.

Sorry I meant the car itself not just seats.
I've also been there. Then I keep coming back to the idea that I haven't met a single person that has sold their 80 that doesn't regret it to some degree. And for me at least I know I would fall into that category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom