This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone on here attempted to install some heated seat inserts? My Cruiser needs new front leather. I figured I might as well install some heat inserts while I have them apart. Anyone have any recommendations?

I can't offer anything super helpful, but I can share that my seats had been reupholstered in factory cloth by the PO and when he did that, he also installed some aftermarket heaters. So it definitely can be done.

Last edited:
Lots have done it and Added the Switches in the Center Console. Their Might even be Power in a Plug Under Console if I recall.
Did you Search the Topic?

I did mine back in 2015 when I recovered the 2 front seats. The USDM LX450 did not have factory seat heater plugs as part of the center console harness, so I made my own using factory switches.

1702600898133.png

Google - Land Cruiser Heated Seats sometimes the mud search Sux.

I also coordinated a heated seat purchase years ago and the company that I worked with was very accommodating for not just a discount but to personalize people wants (there were different options and configurations). Here is the original thread: Heated Seats - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/heated-seats.180281/page-8#post-3972122.

As for install write ups, I believe there were several posted around the same time. Google IH8MUD heated seats and you should get several posts.

FWIW
1702657610421.png

1702657635555.png

Also, to update and give the TLDR version: the seat heater group buy that I coordinated was in 2007 and the company honored the pricing for almost 2 years. Being almost 15 years later (time does fly). I believe can still get the factory seat heater switches but you would have to check for price and availability.

Thanks to @Malleus for the wiring diagram to make things a little easier.

Post edited per @TomH inputs, sorry for any confusion. I was ill informed and have made changes accordingly.

Last edited:
Also, to update and give the TLDR version: the seat heater group buy that I coordinated was in 2007 and the company honored the pricing for almost 2 years. Being almost 15 years later (time does fly) IMHO the best bet if you want seat heaters and want to go through a good customer service would be to contact Shane (@AATLAS1X). He sells a very nice leather kit and also seat heater kits. @mot I believe can still get the factory seat heater switches but you would have to check with him for price and availability.

Thanks to @Malleus for the wiring diagram to make things a little easier.

I think your info is a little out of date. Shane hasn't been selling leather since he took a bunch of money from people and didn't provide products. A recent thread that popped up in chat from someone who is still mad:

I don't think Mot is selling parts anymore and isn't around much. He still pops in once in a while.

New Toyota seat heater switches can still be sourced, I just had a set arrive yesterday.

As for your group buy, seat heaters are still working in my Land Cruiser but output isn't great. I've sourced a new kit and along with the new switches will be upgrading soon. My write-up on the install is still linked in the FAQ thread.

Has anyone on here attempted to install some heated seat inserts? My Cruiser needs new front leather. I figured I might as well install some heat inserts while I have them apart. Anyone have any recommendations?
When I bought my first 80 in '16 I took it to an upholstery shop and had them install these under new perforated leather center sections.

Aftermarket Heated Seats | Cooled Seats | Katzkin DegreeZ - https://katzkin.com/degreez/

They were $600/seat at the time, plus labor. Amazingly functional. The cooling is obviously more applicable in at Texas summer than in Oregon, but man were they nice. They put the controls in the center console. Shouldn't have sold that truck.

For my latest project I have a set of late model Jaguar sedan seats that have factory heating and venting. I'm hopeful (naive?) I can figure out the wiring necessary to get them working as designed.

Last edited:
I put them in mine and they’re great. I found a kit on eBay that had controls that fit in my console.

IMG_7606.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom