92 FJ80 - Corbeau Seats Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all just wanted to jot my thoughts down after installing my Corbeau Moab seats into my 92 FJ80. FWIW my rig originally had the cloth manual seats and I'm looking to get rid of both.

#1 The Brackets they provided are not quite 100% drop in fit and needed some encouragement with a pry bar on the driver side to line up enough to get the bolts started.

Also I noticed that trimming away the carpet for the front feet helped quite a bit.

#2 The passenger bracket will not mount over the rear heater with enough clearance for the slider mechanism. As another poster mentioned, the only way short of removing the unit is to Dremel a piece of the plastic ducting. There's a pretty obvious hump that impedes the bracket.

#3 The Corbeau Seats upon first impression seem to be built well enough and the Moab seats have a really tall back. They are also really firm, although I've heard they soften up with use.

#4 The Lumbar bladder imo is a must for at least the driver side. I can't comment on the heaters as I haven't wired them up yet. I will update eventually to record whether or not my US Spec 92 has the stock heater plugs under the center console.

#5 Corbeaus Tan is the closest color match to the Toyota Brown/Sable. They look almost coffee/caramel. Imo they look pretty good.

#6 Both brackets come with a section of bar for the seatbelts which is not needed on my model as the seatbelts mount directly to the floor.

Overall I'm pretty happy. Definitely a nice upgrade.
PXL_20230930_204001838.jpg

Example of the tolerances I was dealing with.
PXL_20230930_220107234.jpg

Compare and contrast.
PXL_20231001_184641783.jpg

This picture imo shows off the In person color a bit better than my previous photo.

Last edited:
Nice work and thanks for the pics

One question - it looks like the seats sit quite a bit higher - is this correct? And do you feel a difference when driving?

Nice work and thanks for the pics

One question - it looks like the seats sit quite a bit higher - is this correct? And do you feel a difference when driving?

Honestly the bottom cushion feels pretty darn close to same basic position as the stock seats. Maybe a teeny bit higher? On second look at my pic it may just be the bolstering that sits a little proud. But the Corbeau's bottoms seem a teeny bit larger.

By far the biggest difference is the back support as the Moabs are MUCH taller. The seat sliders also seem to go backwards further for more legroom. I'm pretty short so not a big deal for me but I'd imagine it would be nice for taller guys. My dad is taller and said it was a big improvement especially with the Lumbar bladder in the Driver side.

Regarding the ride feel. I haven't had a chance to take it on any longer drives, but they do feel different. My stock cloth seats had a bit of bounce to them, whereas the Corbeaus are stiffer. I imagine they'll loosen up with time though. Honestly I'm just glad my butt no longer favors/leans towards the door anymore due to the blown out cushion of my old seat.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for posting this! I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Corbeau Moab seats and brackets for my LX450. Both of my front seats' leather is garbage, and the foam on the driver seat is pretty bad, and both seats are stuck in "all the way back" position... which still seems not very far back.

I was thinking I wanted the "spice" color, but now that I've seen your pics, I'm wondering if I should get the tan... my seats are a very light tan color

Thanks for posting this! I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Corbeau Moab seats and brackets for my LX450. Both of my front seats' leather is garbage, and the foam on the driver seat is pretty bad, and both seats are stuck in "all the way back" position... which still seems not very far back.

I was thinking I wanted the "spice" color, but now that I've seen your pics, I'm wondering if I should get the tan... my seats are a very light tan color
Sure glad to help out! While labeled tan, they are really more of a caramel. The spice color is much closer to a lighter tan color from the pics I've seen and is a closer match to the stock leather. My interior was the darker brown (sable) color so my seats actually work pretty well. After driving with them for a bit, totally worth it.

How do they look from the backseat or even from the back window/behind the truck? They look great, just a bit tall.

How do they look from the backseat or even from the back window/behind the truck? They look great, just a bit tall.
I will get you a picture next opportunity. They are indeed much taller than the stock seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom