Redid my tint and found a very close match... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tint found in 20% or 38%

Here is the ceramic tint options. But there isn't a 30%. Are you sure that is what you used?
tint pic1.jpg

Here is the ceramic tint options. But there isn't a 30%. Are you sure that is what you used?

Like the other guy said, click on ceramic and it's the only 30% shade available in ceramic. I texted the guy who did it to give me the specs but he hasn't replied and by now I know that roll the tint was on it somewhere in a garbage truck. But I am positive that it said viper ceramic 30%.

Due to excitement of trying to purchase some ASAP, I might have clicked on the strong stuff.

Hopefully we can get some!

I put the Llumar ATR Bronze in 20%.....did not like the way the 35% looked. Without being able to get that mirrored finish the stock tint has on it in rear....I think it is pretty close. Would like to compare yours and mine in same light side by side. If sun comes out will get one straight on from side for comparison to yours.

Stock Tint, notice what you see through the window...and it does not have the mirror finish like rear even from factory.
attachment.php

Here is with additional 20% all the way around....back, rear sides, rear and front sides. significant difference with light transmission... I personally think getting the 20% makes all the difference in the Llumar ATR Bronze
attachment.php

I put the Llumar ATR Bronze in 20%.....did not like the way the 35% looked. Without being able to get that mirrored finish the stock tint has on it in rear....I think it is pretty close. Would like to compare yours and mine in same light side by side. If sun comes out will get one straight on from side for comparison to yours.

Stock Tint, notice what you see through the window...and it does not have the mirror finish like rear even from factory.
attachment.php

Here is with additional 20% all the way around....back, rear sides, rear and front sides. significant difference with light transmission... I personally think getting the 20% makes all the difference in the Llumar ATR Bronze
attachment.php

The 2nd picture has 20% all around (including front two) with Llumar atr bronze on top of factory window tint? It looks really good.

Yes, I put the 20% ON TOP of the factory window tint on every window except the windshield...it was left alone though I was tempted to put 50% on it or whatever is just enough to cut glare.

Here are straight on pics I took today with camera phone...

the difference is in the slight mirror in factory tint....but I think the depth of color is very good...most of what you see is reflection of sky in glass which the mirrored does more...but I am very happy with it.
IMG-20120517-00003.jpg
IMG-20120517-00004.jpg

Do you have trouble backing up at night? Or do you have after market backning lights? Nick might as well have plywood for windows when night backing. I have witnessed that clusterfxxx first hand watching him try to weave through trees to his tent.

Yukon LX said:
Do you have trouble backing up at night? Or do you have after market backning lights? Nick might as well have plywood for windows when night backing. I have witnessed that clusterfxxx first hand watching him try to weave through trees to his tent.

With 5% on top of factory I noticed a huge detriment to my backup ability at night. I am 100% reliant on my camera and side mirrors. I am thinking of wiring a 10" Baja Designs Stealth into my reverse light wire. I am more conscientious of where I park now and try to avoid backing. Would I do it again. Absolutely. Security was the number 1 consideration for me.

I have the CREE LED lights I won here recently. I just roll down my window as I back with my mirrors only after checking behind me for obstacles personally. If I am camping or something I make sure to back in during daylight or pull in after dark...so I dont get put in that spot.....but a good look-see and then rolling down windows to see in mirrors better is big help. THe LED bulbs make reverse VERY BRIGHT but hi-lift blocks some of light on passenger side.

Found a sort of local dealer (50 miles) and was quoted $449.00 to do the whole LX with the Viper ceramic. 20% for the front doors and a 30% overlay on the factory tint. The installer said the film was reflective gray from the outside and when looking out of the vehicle, is the tint gray or bronze? The website simulator shows it as gray, the installer says gray but the OP's vehicle seems to look bronze. Which is it?

98-02 used bronze tinted glass. 03+ used grey tint. Depends on the year.

That viper tint better come with a Russian mail order bride for that price! I got my whole truck done for $175, sans the windshield.

I believe its 2004+ uses normal tint

Correction:
98-03 used bronze tinted glass. 04+ used grey tint. Depends on the year.

That viper tint better come with a Russian mail order bride for that price! I got my whole truck done for $175, sans the windshield.

1998-2003 on the bronze tint, 2004-2007 on the grey. It makes spotting a 2003 extremely easy.

I believe its 2004+ uses normal tint

yup

Just get your windows shot out and replace them with 04+ glass. Easiest excuse I have found.

Maybe my post was not very clear. I know the factory tint for my 2001 LX is bronze. The question I have is that the installer told me that the Viper ceramic film is not bronze, either from outside or inside. He said it was reflective gray from the outside and gray from the inside. The OP's tint definitely looks bronze to me. BTW..... I am not going to pay 450 to tint the friggin windows, he was the only guy that I have found so far that has it in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom