Recommendations on replacement of stock suspension: 200-series improved handling; 1-1.5" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own a 2010 w/ 40k miles - everything stock except for BFG KO2 285/65/18, OEM coil spacers, and Slee Sliders

Any recommendations on the easiest/best way to add 1-1.5" lift, improve vehicle nose dive when braking hard, as well as improve cornering/handling and firming up the lean? The stock suspension, while insanely low miles on my rig, is almost 14 years old.. and perhaps time to go. Most threads I've seen here relate to much more complex builds than I am looking for. This LC will see some Sierra snow on ski trips and a few forest service trails... nothing crazy but want to beef it up a bit.

The KO2's look slightly stuffed in the wheel wells, and most importantly would like a slightly firmer ride with improvement over stock "squishy" suspension. The other day we were on the freeway and ahead of us a tailgater caused everyone to jam the brakes pretty hard... we were fine, keeping our distance, however - the initial nose dive and jello-like feel in the vehicle is something I want to address.

Leaning toward Old Man Emu products but would enjoy hearing from anyone who has input!
TLC.jpg

I own a 2010 w/ 40k miles - everything stock except for BFG KO2 285/65/18, OEM coil spacers, and Slee Sliders

Any recommendations on the easiest/best way to add 1-1.5" lift, improve vehicle nose dive when braking hard, as well as improve cornering/handling and firming up the lean? The stock suspension, while insanely low miles on my rig, is almost 14 years old.. and perhaps time to go. Most threads I've seen here relate to much more complex builds than I am looking for. This LC will see some Sierra snow on ski trips and a few forest service trails... nothing crazy but want to beef it up a bit.

The KO2's look slightly stuffed in the wheel wells, and most importantly would like a slightly firmer ride with improvement over stock "squishy" suspension. The other day we were on the freeway and ahead of us a tailgater caused everyone to jam the brakes pretty hard... we were fine, keeping our distance, however - the initial nose dive and jello-like feel in the vehicle is something I want to address.

Leaning toward Old Man Emu products but would enjoy hearing from anyone who has input!
View attachment 3467954
i also didn't need a taller lift. i went with the ome 2704 front springs, 2721 rear springs and nitro charger shocks. gave me about 1.5" up front and and almost 2" in the rear.
i did it at 100k miles, the suspension was pretty rusty so i also replaced the front lower control arms as the bushings were worn and the cam bolts seized. i also run the bfg ko2 285 65 r18. love my setup which is 95% on road and 5% beach and simple fire trails.

Check out the Dobinsons IMS.

I had similar goals and complaints with the stock suspension as you do. Couldn’t be happier with mine on and off-road.

Here‘s a pic after install. Running 275/70/18s with OME UCAs.

IMG_2087.jpeg

@cbang you have my twin truck. Initially I wanted to do the OEM spacer (ordered and its here), but not sure I will be happy with it. My usage is similar to yours as well. I wanted to add about 2" lift, but the problem is, all of the systems I looked at, also lift the rear a lot, thus keeping the rear end very high. I have talked to some members, who have lifted front, but kept rear as is, and added a spacer.

I was leaning towards doing the Bilsteins front + rear 30mm spacer with bilstein shocks.

@BVE yours look fantastic. Could you provide some details on how much you lifted front and rear?

@BVE yours look fantastic. Could you provide some details on how much you lifted front and rear?
Here is my order sheet:

IMG_0301.jpeg

I got about 2 inches front and back so I still have a slight rake. So as always, more lift than advertised. Get UCAs with whatever you end up getting is my advice.

Here is my order sheet:

View attachment 3468564

I got about 2 inches front and back so I still have a slight rake. So as always, more lift than advertised. Get UCAs with whatever you end up getting is my advice.
Thank you for that. So to clarify you ordered the 1 inch lift for the back, but you got more?

You ordered 1.4 inches on the front but you got 2 inches?

Do you have a side photo of yours? From the angle you posted, almost looks perfect and no rake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom