Recommendations on a good engine swap shop located in the PNW? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.buttonit.com
I recently picked up a pretty clean 1986 FJ60, but it does not have any motor in it. The original was removed for a conversion a few years back, and that never happened so basically I have a blank slate to work with. Looking for referrals or recommendations for shops that would be good to consider for this type work located in or around the Pacific North West. I am located in Central Washington but willing to drive a state or two for the right place. I am mainly considering a Vortec swap of some sort, although the diesel options that are available now days are interesting as well. Hoping that if I can find a good reliable shop, they can maybe help me make a final decision on that front as well, research has me still torn. Thanks in advance.

Torfab is great! Get in line, last I heard he was 18 months out on swaps.

Yeah, I already knew of Torfab, and their reputation, but I don't have that timeframe which is why I am here asking, hoping for other ideas hopefully, thanks.

The original engine long gone or did it get placed at the bottom of the pond to hold the dock in place?

BTW I know of good shops out that way but none specific to LC’s.

How about Jason @TRAIL TAILOR? Not sure if he is doing swaps...

The original engine long gone or did it get placed at the bottom of the pond to hold the dock in place?
Original is long gone, unfortunately.

BTW I know of good shops out that way but none specific to LC’s.
I really don't see that they "need" to be LC specific, nice but obviously not a necessity, just competent and versed in swaps mainly I would think.

I really don't see that they "need" to be LC specific, nice but obviously not a necessity, just competent and versed in swaps mainly I would think.

scanwest in Seattle area does a lot of Swedish and euro car work. They have always been a good shop and done good work from the communities I’ve been involved with. Not sure if they would take on a motor swap but you could always ask.

Hello. Mechanic in Spokane, WA here.

There are a handful around the area. TorFab is probably the most well-known. You also have "The LandCruiser Shop" a.k.a. "Cabinet Cruisers" in Sandpoint, ID. They're great. Also, there's a place here in Spokane called Hazzard Fabworx - they dropped an LQ9 into a friend's 60-series two or so years ago; their installation looked very well done, and he was pretty pleased.

The only place I would steer clear from that offers "engine swaps" and whatnot around the area is Sunwest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom