Rear Window wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My tailgate safety switch has three wires off it. One grounds the tailgate motor when the tailgate is closed.

Does anyone know where the two other wires connect? They don’t show up on any wiring diagrams that I’ve seen or I’m missing something when I’m looking. I believe my switch is stock.

Pics? I will go back through my pics and see what was physically there when I pulled the safety switch vs. what is in the manual.

For purposes of clarity, you are talking about the switch on the drive side that get depressed when tailgate is closed, yes?

Yes the one at the drivers side. Here's what I have.

997877F5-FC27-46A2-973F-D1F67584B9AD.jpeg

E05DD525-1391-4A91-BEFB-5B4BD2C6C946.jpeg

Yes 1970. This doesn't make much sense to me. I'm curious but I've already wired around the safety switch temporarily Just to keep up the progress.

Without looking at the diagram above all that much, when I took mine apart I assumed this. 1 wire went to the motor, 1 wire was the switched input,(when the switch is depressed these wires are closed) 1(the 3rd) wire was going back to the relay for the dash control? The switch on the dash needs to be out of the circuit/dead when the gate is down. This is all just assuming so I could be totally wrong? Should be pretty easy to figure out with an ohm meter. I can try to check later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom