Rear View Mirror (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ40 1982 / FJ45 1983

My review view mirror broke! It was one of those plastic / flimsy mirrors (left). I would like to replace it with something more solid.

1697063432835.png
1697063478602.png

I noticed the mirrors for the older models are metallic (right); but it looks like the screw holes are not the same. Does anyone recommend an alternative to the cheap plastic?

Yea plastic is as plastic does. My 72 is metal and I have never taken it off. You could make an adapter plate from say 3/16" thick steel that has holes for both patterns. Screw the new mirror mounting clip/late to the adapter plate, then screw the adapter plate to the car, then install the new mirror on the mounting clip.

Drill new holes and tap them to fit the new mirror mount - done.

Early one is 1 3/4" center to center.Later is 7/8" center to center.Maybe different thread size also Plate as charliemeyer007 suggest would
let you use older one as one on right above.Tit on back of arm on newer one on left is for rubber support to windshield to keep from vibrating I think there stlll available or cut one out of vacuum hose .

Yea plastic is as plastic does. My 72 is metal and I have never taken it off. You could make an adapter plate from say 3/16" thick steel that has holes for both patterns. Screw the new mirror mounting clip/late to the adapter plate, then screw the adapter plate to the car, then install the new mirror on the mounting clip.

Drill new holes and tap them to fit the new mirror mount - done.
I was think the same. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom