Rear Antenna Mounts for all FJ80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yodaTEQ

Design,Build,EXPLORE
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
yodateq.com
Rear Antenna Mount for all FJ80s

Hello SoCal 80s crew

I wanted to get some feed back on what you guys think of a rear antenna mount for our trucks.
The mount uses the existing bolts for your rear hatch. These can be used for CB and or HAM Radio Antennas or Sand Dune Whips (for surf and turf)

Of course this prototype still needs to be cleaned up and welded
Check out the photos and let me know what you guys think.
All comments are appreciated

Thanks for the interest in these FJ80 Antenna Mounts.

Thanks
Frank

Photo May 14, 7 39 26 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Clean. My only feedback, assuming that's why you've posted this is it being mounted to the lower bolts. You'd need a longer antenna (CB or Ham) to clear the roofline for better transmission/reception. Can it be mounted to the upper strut bolts without it affecting the operation of the struts? I like it for the sand whip though.

Good job Frank! A 4' FireStik would put you above the roofline. Nice job!

How much $ ?? Great idea. Count me in

Last edited:
I want one!!

You make me one and I will buy it. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using IH8MUD

Looks good as an option. If you produce them let me know, I may want one.

Nice idea, I may want one too.

Hello SoCal 80s crew

I wanted to get some feed back on what you guys think of a rear anntena mount for our trucks.
The mount uses the existing bolts for your rear hatch. These can be used for CB and or HAM Radio Anntenas or Sand Dune Whips (for surf and turf)

Of course this prototype still needs to be cleaned up and welded

Check out the photos and let me know what you guys think.

All comments are appreciated

Thanks in advance

Frank

Careful!

This is how a small business starts!

One moment you are showing off a clever device and next you are in debt to a web designer and whole new set of power tools in the garage!

Looks like a great design and good looking too.

Thanks for the input on these. I will make a couple to use as prototypes for testing.

What do you guys think of one for each side? One for a CB antenna and the other for HAM radio or one for a radio antenna and the other for a sand dune whip.

Let me know if you are up for the challenge of testing these on your rig with feed back and a review. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks again

Frank

One for each side for sure. Count me in for one of each. I really hated the thought of attaching sheet metal screws to body.

You do realize that if the 80s hand throttle group buy thread is any indication...if this gets out to the 80s section your nights and weekends will be completely screwed :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom