Re badge Lexus GX460 to Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with you , no doubt , however , it's an 2008 , let them have it !
And I did include a smiley face which should of taken the edge of seriousness off :)

I agree with you , no doubt , however , it's an 2008 , let them have it !
And I did include a smiley face which should of taken the edge of seriousness off :)
No worries. I picked it up. :cool:

Last edited:
Got pulled over tonight... some bored cop was running plates while cruising around and when the plate came up Lexus but the badge was Toyota, he pulled me over in case the plates were stolen. He realized his mistake and apologized and let me go.

Wonder how common this might be... if it happens again I will change back I think,

Got pulled over tonight... some bored cop was running plates while cruising around and when the plate came up Lexus but the badge was Toyota, he pulled me over in case the plates were stolen. He realized his mistake and apologized and let me go.

Wonder how common this might be... if it happens again I will change back I think,
Just keep some magnetic Lexus logos in the car and slap them on when you get pulled over!
Or say you're a famous celebrity in incognito and don't want to attract attention with your Lexus.

Just keep some magnetic Lexus logos in the car and slap them on when you get pulled over!
Or say you're a famous celebrity in incognito and don't want to attract attention with your Lexus.
I thought about trying to explain that I live in more of a Toyota neighborhood than Lexus, but it wasn't worth getting into.

Not common, I’m actually surprised it happened. Unless you were in a large metro area and or a high car theft area? I will say kudos for the LEO doing their job. If my rig was stolen I’d hope a LEO would find it intact LOL

Not common, I’m actually surprised it happened. Unless you were in a large metro area and or a high car theft area? I will say kudos for the LEO doing their job. If my rig was stolen I’d hope a LEO would find it intact LOL
Large metro yes, high theft area no. A fairly affluent suburb.

I'm not really pissed about it or anything, but it isn't something I want to have happen again.

Reactions: r2m
LEO's in the affluent burbs do some strange things.....along with the small speed trap towns (nothing else going on I suppose?). I probably wouldn't worry about it; you aren't breaking any laws. If you were to get pulled over for something else it might come up and you'd have to explain it, however the multiple VIN plates and VIN inscriptions on your GX would all be consistent with your vehicle being a Lexus. Just don't change back an awesome Prado conversion, we need more here, and it loos so much better than a Lexus!

This used to happen a lot back in the day with Chevy and GMC trucks. Lots of old square bodies used to run around with a GMC tailgate on a Chevy, or a Chevy tailgate on a GMC, plus mixed-and-matched badging when things like fenders are replaced. I still see this sometimes on trucks from the 90's, so I'd say overall it is not uncommon as a practice (though uncommon for a Toyota/Lexus!).

Are these part numbers the same for the 460 and the 470? Are the sizes the same? I'd like to do this as well but I have a 2013. Many times I'll see info for 460 and then it'll be filled with 470 info. New to me but I understand that the 470 is more heavily modded by this time.

And why the heck can't I find the land cruiser trim for the '13 rear door? Is the 10-13 the exact same size as the 14- on?

looks like it may be 76810-60040 Genuine Toyota GARNISH, BACK DOOR, OUTSIDE NO.2 7681060040 OEM | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/225064179233

Give it a shot

s-l500.png

Last edited:
Forgive me if this was asked before but will that LC Prado trim fit the North American back door garnish? Just the trim in that eBay auction.
megazip shows the part # 76810-60040 as fitting 6 versions of the 150 series Prado, 2009-2018 of I am reading it correctly. However I know the rear doors on these may be different than the models we get here in the US.

Thats what im going to try it on, so i will let you know once i get it in
Looking forward to hearing the results. I need to replace that piece.

55FDEA0E-3BA5-40CD-AE07-F7402F651B4E.jpeg

pieces just came in today so next warm day i’ll try to get them installed already i see there’s some extra clips that will need to be removed. I ordered the plate that’s actually longer than the license plate pocket unknowingly. I though it was the one that’s the same length as the GX version

View attachment 3269066
pieces just came in today so next warm day i’ll try to get them installed already i see there’s some extra clips that will need to be removed. I ordered the plate that’s actually longer than the license plate pocket unknowingly. I though it was the one that’s the same length as the GX version
Waiting with baited breath. LOL

Reactions: r2m
The ones I see online have a version that has a longer top panel like you have there. Pic of the bottom? Does it look like it fits the width of the licence pocket or will that need to be replaced as well?
The 3 versions I see on ebay for the licence plate pocket(if needed) seem to be these with their designations of late mid and early
76811-60360 late
76811-60460 late
76811-60490 mid
76811-60250 mid
76801-60310 B mid

But I have seen an earlier version that is smaller and the trim goes across the top and down the sides too

76811-60190/76811-60200​

1678545594773.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom