Re badge Lexus GX460 to Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, don't sell donuts. Just eat them.

Bad cop!! No donut ! Not a cop either, I just look like one.

I had that handle before the current donut shop opened.

I've done the same on my 2010 for a few reasons. First, I work in the public sector and there are some petty coworkers who are very sensitive about who's getting paid what kind of salary. If I pulled up in a Lexus then I'd have a big target on my back. Once we considered a PT Cruiser for a department work vehicle and the big boss quickly shot down the idea saying a PT Cruiser was way too flashy and would look bad to the public, hahaha. So a Lexus in the parking lot would be frowned upon. I also leave the vehicle parked at trailheads, often overnight, on a very frequent basis and I'm trying to stay more low key to discourage break-ins. And finally, I put on 4Runner wheels so I thought I might as well complete the look :). Most everyone thinks it's an older 4runner or Highlander, a couple people have called it a Land Cruiser.

View attachment 2667052
Do you know which Toyota emblem you used on your grill? Did you use the Lexus base plate or find a Toyota one that had the emblem and mounting base plate assembly? Also was it hard to get the retaining clips off? Sorry for the questions but I really want to do this to my 2013 GX 460. Thank you for any help you can provide.
-Florida Bob

Today , I received my letters for the rear door of my 2008 GX 470
It's gonna read " LANDCRUISER PRADO"
Gonna have a local body shop install them cuzz you only get one chance to do it right

I've done the same on my 2010 for a few reasons. First, I work in the public sector and there are some petty coworkers who are very sensitive about who's getting paid what kind of salary. If I pulled up in a Lexus then I'd have a big target on my back. Once we considered a PT Cruiser for a department work vehicle and the big boss quickly shot down the idea saying a PT Cruiser was way too flashy and would look bad to the public, hahaha. So a Lexus in the parking lot would be frowned upon. I also leave the vehicle parked at trailheads, often overnight, on a very frequent basis and I'm trying to stay more low key to discourage break-ins. And finally, I put on 4Runner wheels so I thought I might as well complete the look :). Most everyone thinks it's an older 4runner or Highlander, a couple people have called it a Land Cruiser.

View attachment 2667052
what badges did you get? I have the same grill and it seams like there is a black piece that sits behind the chrome "L" and its not mentioned here or at least I am blind lol. Thanks

what badges did you get? I have the same grill and it seams like there is a black piece that sits behind the chrome "L" and its not mentioned here or at least I am blind lol. Thanks
If you zoom in on the picture from @sedonut, you can barely see the black "L". Which is fine by me. So looks like he left the base there and just removed the crome "L". I'll do the same.

@sedonut its not super clear to me how to remove the front Lexus badge. Just a heat gun and patience?
There are a couple of screws that hold the Lexus front badge black mount that you can see still there behind the Toyota badge. As this was my first try I removed the whole assembly.
You don't need to remove it. Thre are no clips that hold the pins on the Lexus emblem, the pins are just locating pins. Take some dental floss or fishing line and work behind the stock emblem. It will come right off, no heat gun needed. On Toyota emblem mentioned above you will need to clip off one of the locating pins before installing it. As you can see I did not cut out the black "L" on the mount. You could if you wanted but most people won't notice it and you may want to re install the " L" badge.

View attachment 2667052
Do you have a part number or link for Toyota emblem you got for your grill?

FWIW , my 2008 GX 470 has new Toyota badges .
Front uses the badge from a 2006 4runner . ( other years too , I am sure )
Rear , 2021 Highlander , have not received this one yet , measured it , though , same dimensions , will have it Wednesday.
Already replaced the Lexus and Gx470 with Landcruiser and Prado

FWIW , my 2008 GX 470 has new Toyota badges .
Front uses the badge from a 2006 4runner . ( other years too , I am sure )
Rear , 2021 Highlander , have not received this one yet , measured it , though , same dimensions , will have it Wednesday.
Already replaced the Lexus and Gx470 with Landcruiser and Prado
Thank you!

You'll have to remove the clips on the back on the 2006 4Runner emblem so it fits flush .

I used bathroom adhesive to mount it from H Depot

Front Badge 2005-2011 Land Cruiser 90975-02076. You have. to remove one of the pins. Badge is about $20 on eBay

Rear Badge 2007-2009 Camry Grill Emblem. 75311-06060. Remove black plastic mount from emblem, pins line up perfectly. About $20 on ebayView attachment 2666218
This is a great looking mod - would also be great to be able to change out the chrome trim to the “land cruiser Prado”script
1623500884449.jpeg

And it fits ! , The rear emblem from a 2021 Highlander fits my 2008 GX 470 , minus one lineup pin that has to be removed .
The other pin lines up perfectly with one of the holes .
Pictures or it didn't happen!

So , those same people drive around with their plates covered up for privacy ? :)
You’re not thinking large enough. It’s the internet and the more you broadcast what you have and a means to find out where it is (your plate) you just set yourself up for possible theft. I’ve known people in other auto enthusiast communities who’ve been victims of theft because of it. Extra caution is always a good thing anyway is it not?

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom