RC Copter suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently discovered how cool these things were, an thought they'd be a lot of fun for scouting (hunting, hiking, climbing) and general foolery :)

What I think I'm wanting is a Helicopter that can support a camera for video recording (Canon HF M40), has streaming onboard video (and I need a device to transmit to), an be resilient/small enough to hike with.

I have no idea where to start... any suggestions?

Buy mine....I don't use it and want to buy a RC/truck....

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398519505.683645.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398519564.035682.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398519580.252033.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398519604.005732.jpg

Make an offer.....as for the camera part, I have no idea....

...via IH8MUD app

It sounds like you want a quadrotor with the camera on a gimbal mount for your stated purposes. First person view goggles with a DVR are becoming the cats PJs, if you have the budget.

I've got the DJI Phantom II and I think you would love it. Easy to fly, stable, pretty fast, and has outstanding video and picture taking ability right out of the box. In fact, here's a picture from a family land cruiser trip today:
image.jpg

Buy mine....I don't use it and want to buy a RC/truck....

Make an offer.....as for the camera part, I have no idea....
That copter would not have enough lift for the camera he was talking about. Even a Mobius would be too big for that little guy.

I've got the DJI Phantom II and I think you would love it. Easy to fly, stable, pretty fast, and has outstanding video and picture taking ability right out of the box. In fact, here's a picture from a family land cruiser trip today:
View attachment 1049561

+1 on that. The DJI is a complete package and a great way into the hobby for someone new.

Hubsan x4 h107l. The thing is awesome for $40.

View attachment 1049561
How has this stood up fpr the year you have had it?
This model seems pretty popular and I am looking at getting one when I get bavk to the US.
What are you usinh for a screen?

IMG_3300.JPG
How has this stood up fpr the year you have had it?
This model seems pretty popular and I am looking at getting one when I get bavk to the US.
What are you usinh for a screen?

The DJI phantom 3 crashed into the side of a mountain, never to be seen again...

So I got a phantom 4. It's a complete re-design and superior in every way. 4K video and pictures, incredible quality from the controller to the camera to the aircraft.

I use the phantom 4 for aerial photos for my company and also for family trips. You may have seen some of the shots from our recent Moab/ Ouray trip. You can get it for $1300 on amazon and think it's a fantastic value.

The picture attached here is from Top of The World in Moab-I got a number of shots just like it.

This is the cats ass of RC type helicopters with a camera...

Lily Camera. Reinvented. Meet the Next-Generation Drone 2017

This is the cats ass of RC type helicopters with a camera...

Lily Camera. Reinvented. Meet the Next-Generation Drone 2017

it was a great drone.very smart and portable for carrying.it performed very well.its quality is good,better than i expected.it is easy to learn how to fly.this is a fun little drone.it is very quick.is camera are great.this drne is fun for all ages. wonderful drone i relly love this drone and nice video dude.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom