Random chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I doubt they did the Bottom End Bearings (BEBs). They are notorious for wiping and these are the first thing replaced by my Canadian friends when they buy one of these.
The price seems steep considering it has ugly wheels and ricer front seats. The OEM Turbo seats are nice.

I doubt they did the Bottom End Bearings (BEBs). They are notorious for wiping and these are the first thing replaced by my Canadian friends when they buy one of these.
The price seems steep considering it has ugly wheels and ricer front seats. The OEM Turbo seats are nice.
Grumpy!

a.jpg

@Crusha I was going through phoenixville the other day and while crossing the high bridge I noticed a baby blue FJ40. Anyone on here or do you know the story on it?

I've been eyeing that up for some time now. Left notes on it (as well as removed other people's notes off of it), knocked on the door, called the number for the business it's parked behind, and all with no results. It's a RHD Diesel, whatever that designation may be. A BJ41, I believe?
I took these pics last year.

lc-1-jpg.1181766

lc-2-jpg.1181767

@Crusha is there anyway to look up the owner by the plate?

No, not in Pa. You could some years ago, but no longer.

Although, this chipper young lad, Noah, has some information that could be potentially useful...;)

Anybody have any info on the "Reading Anthricite" trails? I see you can take both atv's and full size vehicles there, but the cost is $125/year. Pretty reasonable, but it's only a smidge closer than AOAA is to me.

Access Permits - Reading Anthracite Coal
News to me, and I'd be all over it if we didn't already have access to the best public wheeling on the east coast at Rausch and AOAA.
Anyone else ever checked it out?

Several of my friends wheel on ther reading Anthracite property, none of them in full size vehicles, all quads and motorcycles. Some of the Reading Anthracite area is relatively close to my place and I pass a lot of it on my way to either Rausch or Anthracite.

No, not in Pa. You could some years ago, but no longer.

Although, this chipper young lad, Noah, has some information that could be potentially useful...;)

There's a way to look things up if you have the VIN. I know someone who's done this in PA at the DOT in Hbg recently. Would cost less than $20. Just a thought as long as the truck is tagged in PA.

There's a way to look things up if you have the VIN. I know someone who's done this in PA at the DOT in Hbg recently. Would cost less than $20. Just a thought as long as the truck is tagged in PA.

That's interesting, although I'm skeptical...

Anyway, I might be getting close to being in contact with the owner, who reportedly wants to sell it. I gave my number to a guy that works at a little store nearby who said he would pass it on to the owner. He also said that the owner is a "face to face" type of guy, and that's why he never replied to any notes on the truck.The registration sticker is outdated and the truck just sits there. Gary @shmukster and I took a peek at it the other day when we had to transfer a title. It's very solid. I'm going to stop by again today and knock on the door. Who knows...

Several of my friends wheel on ther reading Anthracite property, none of them in full size vehicles, all quads and motorcycles. Some of the Reading Anthracite area is relatively close to my place and I pass a lot of it on my way to either Rausch or Anthracite.

I was wondering what the terrain is like there. I found it a bit rocky for my taste at aoaa for a sport quad, but I also feel like we only scratched the surface of the trails there. I don't mind the idea of the $125 pass but I have to go through the hassle of getting it registered and such just to find out it's the same as aoaa with a $25 per trip seems silly.

That's SEXY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom