Radiator hose change out - anything else I need for 06 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
EDIT my coolant is red after all, not sure why I thought it was green. Maybe a dream lol. At any rate I’m holding off replacing the hoses for now and am just doing a regular drain and fill.

Anything I might be missing? The previous owner had green cooling in this and I am flushing it to fill with the Toyota pink on a 2006 LX

758418B0-C258-464A-A67C-04D5638D441F.png

524BFD77-B0FB-4814-A657-FA3747B89FF2.png

Last edited:
How is the status of the rest of your coolant system? Radiator cap and thermostat (with gasket) are cheap insurance. What about the heater T's?

Make sure you flush the system out very well, to insure all the residual green coolant is out. @2001LC has great threads about coolant system maintenance.

How is the status of the rest of your coolant system? Radiator cap and thermostat (with gasket) are cheap insurance. What about the heater T's?

Make sure you flush the system out very well, to insure all the residual green coolant is out. @2001LC has great threads about coolant system maintenance.
There’s a rad cap included in the shopping cart, the thermostat and t’s were done in august.

I’m actually just wondering what other parts I might be missing in terms of hose replacement.

There’s a rad cap included in the shopping cart, the thermostat and t’s were done in august.

I’m actually just wondering what other parts I might be missing in terms of hose replacement.
There are coolant lines around the oil filter for cooling. Those aren't that tough to replace while the coolant system is drained.

The other thing I'd look are where the coolant hoses mate to the aluminum thermostat housing inlet and the by-pass pipe, is for pitting in the aluminum. Make sure if they are pitted you either fill those pits (threads with details are available) or replace the parts. Otherwise you could experience future leaks/seeps.

have the "T"s been done? along with the associated hoses for the heaters

There are coolant lines around the oil filter for cooling. Those aren't that tough to replace while the coolant system is drained.

The other thing I'd look are where the coolant hoses mate to the aluminum thermostat housing inlet and the by-pass pipe, is for pitting in the aluminum. Make sure if they are pitted you either fill those pits (threads with details are available) or replace the parts. Otherwise you could experience future leaks/seeps.
Interesting, I’ll have to look at that. The regular radiator hoses look fine to me. Here’s some pics of radiator hoses and ones going to rear heater core

41E4A393-42C9-467F-B608-AB73CBD32C39.jpeg

9E738EAE-BF45-4ACA-915B-DAB6EEE790A3.jpeg

EA2A9FF5-B930-4CAA-B621-57C986D10327.jpeg

D722C5C5-8D89-4955-821A-DF90873A1116.jpeg

8AF3E2E3-A706-4FCE-96F8-7A177C1AF64C.jpeg

radiator hoses generally go bad from the inside out, unless there is a bulge in it, there is no way of knowing.
that is why it is a good idea to change on age, mileage, etc

I just went through something similar on my 05 when I decided to replace the radiator (OEM). I put in a new serp belt tensioner assembly (easier with the rad and lower rad hose out of the way), and I replaced all of the coolant hoses and clips (OEM). However, I did not touch the rear oil cooler hose (this seemed quite difficult to change, especially without lifting the truck), or the 2 hoses underneath going to the rear heater (they looked / felt fine).

I just went through something similar on my 05 when I decided to replace the radiator (OEM). I put in a new serp belt tensioner assembly (easier with the rad and lower rad hose out of the way), and I replaced all of the coolant hoses and clips (OEM). However, I did not touch the rear oil cooler hose (this seemed quite difficult to change, especially without lifting the truck), or the 2 hoses underneath going to the rear heater (they looked / felt fine).
I’m thinking maybe I’ll just do the hoses when I replace the radiator. Turns out my coolant is red anyways. Not sure why I thought it was green, maybe I dreamed it. So Saturday it’s just a regular coolant drain and fill.

Sounds good. When you do I'd prioritize the 2 radiator hoses and the heater T hoses. But TBH most of the coolant hoses I pulled off to replace with new seemed fine - they probably would have lasted much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom