Rack Drawer and Gull Wing group buy intro special (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are sailing! Our vessel is the Diamond Land - stopping in Cape Town tonight for more containers then headed to Houston - ETA April 14th.

Passing Jeffreys Bay today (who saw Endless Summer?)

jeffreys-bay.jpg

Capture.JPG

View attachment 2637000View attachment 2637002

Update time! We are currently sailing past Cuba and have been making good time. Still set for port of Houston Apr 12-14 window. We are (I am) already building pallets for all the shipments. Fun times and in my spare time I may start framing houses because I am in still in the honeymoon period with the framing nailer and think it is light. After 60 pallets I will provide feedback. I bet it will feel much, much heavier.

Lately we have seen customs and port operations take about 7-10 business days from the time the vessel offloads to the time our container is in the warehouse for unpacking. The container was - FULL - so I promise 3 things:

1. We are working now to have every custom pallet ready for each drawer/rack/tent/etc before the container is offloaded
2. It takes time to unload a container this size and palletize/strap each item. We will likely not sleep much until the last pallet is out the door
3. Getting your goods on the road is all I will be focused on while I do it

What you can do to help:
Check your email for shipping confirmation emails and subsequent shipping invoices.

We will be focused on getting boxes strapped to pallets and out the door. If your confirmation or your payment is not received we will likely only get back to your order once everything else is out the door, so please help us help everyone.

I look forward to the crazy weeks ahead and beyond. Thank you all for your trust, patience and business.

Theo

*Sigh* not sure how I missed this. On the off chance you packed an extra 460 roof rack in there, let me know!
Actually - yes. Literally 1.

The terms however are pretty tricky right now. We said we can honor group buy pricing until the shipment arrived for any excess items - and it arrived on Monday - but it hasn't cleared yet so technically there is some room for interpretation.

So I am going to make my bank manager extremely upset by saying "if we can close the sale before the container clears, I will honor the group buy price on the rack"

PM me with your details and I will set up the invoice.

Actually - yes. Literally 1.

The terms however are pretty tricky right now. We said we can honor group buy pricing until the shipment arrived for any excess items - and it arrived on Monday - but it hasn't cleared yet so technically there is some room for interpretation.

So I am going to make my bank manager extremely upset by saying "if we can close the sale before the container clears, I will honor the group buy price on the rack"

PM me with your details and I will set up the invoice.
Sweet baby Jesus. PM'ing you now.

Group Buy update:
We are adding the full and half-perimeter expedition top rails ("basket" rails) to the group buy due to popular demand. These are a bolt-on optional extra.

Full Perimeter top rails: MSRP $280 Group Buy $196
Half Perimeter top rails: MSRP $155 Group Buy $109

Free shipping if included with the roof rack order

top rails example:
View attachment 2538126

Will this fit 200 series rack too?

Will this fit 200 series rack too?
No - the 200 has its own top rail set (same prices apply though). Since the racks are not the same size the top rail kits are unique.

The LC200 rack is 2100 x 1300 mm, GX 460 is 2000 x 1220mm, GX470 is 2100 x 1260mm. Not ideal from an inventory perspective but the focus is on creating the right size rack for each vehicle.

Update:
We have been busy - sorry for those who we have not responded to. The last week has been a bit hectic trying to get all the invoices out, pallets completed and shipments set up.
First batch of drawers left today, with more shipments leaving daily. GX470 drawer customers: you are getting emails tonight for freight options.

Next up is combo shipments and UPS pickups for the tailgate covers and gull wing windows.

For the UPS packages (gull wings, tail gate covers, etc) we are not going to wait on each person paying their shipping invoice before we ship it - we will collect it after shipment since the series processing will cause too much delay for everyone else (I have limited hours in the day, better to spend it packing and shipping than chasing emails). A risk - but we trust this community so please check for those invoices when they come in.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

Theo
Shipment.jpg

Shipment2.jpg

I picked mine up today! Floor mount drawers for GX460. The box fits inside if removed from the pallet. Everything was packaged super well.

Anyone get this installed yet? I think I understand where it bolts and it looks like it’ll reuse the seat mount bolts. I just can’t figure out how to get the dang drawers off the slides so I can reach inside and get this bolted down.

C6862195-7C80-4A65-B933-50933C4260B5.jpeg

I picked mine up today! Floor mount drawers for GX460. The box fits inside if removed from the pallet. Everything was packaged super well.

Anyone get this installed yet? I think I understand where it bolts and it looks like it’ll reuse the seat mount bolts. I just can’t figure out how to get the dang drawers off the slides so I can reach inside and get this bolted down.

View attachment 2661313
How heavy was the box? I'm receiving mine next week, so trying to plan ahead.

How heavy was the box? I'm receiving mine next week, so trying to plan ahead.
Like 150 lbs I bet. The guys at the freight terminal loaded it on a forklift for me. Have a friend if you can. I still havent figured out how to get the drawers to come out so I tried to just lift it in myself during installation and scratched the rear bumper up pretty good. Used the carpet mat to cover the area up but it moved and I didnt notice…

Like 150 lbs I bet. The guys at the freight terminal loaded it on a forklift for me. Have a friend if you can. I still havent figured out how to get the drawers to come out so I tried to just lift it in myself during installation and scratched the rear bumper up pretty good. Used the carpet mat to cover the area up but it moved and I didnt notice…
I plan on bringing a friend to pick it up. However, if I can get them to load it for me at the terminal, that would be much easier. Thanks for the insight, now I'm going have some helping hands when I do the install as well.

I plan on bringing a friend to pick it up. However, if I can get them to load it for me at the terminal, that would be much easier. Thanks for the insight, now I'm going have some helping hands when I do the install as well.
If these drawers actually do come out the install is probably manageable alone although still way easier with someone to help you lift it in. But I’m a dumb dumb and can’t figure out how to get the drawers to slide completely out.

If these drawers actually do come out the install is probably manageable alone although still way easier with someone to help you lift it in. But I’m a dumb dumb and can’t figure out how to get the drawers to slide completely out.
Don't you have to get the drawers to slide all the way out to reconnect the
Don't you have to remove at least one of the drawers to reconnect the roll over wire? Or can you do that without removing the drawers?

Don't you have to remove at least one of the drawers to reconnect the roll over wire? Or can you do that without removing the drawers?
Uhhh crap tell me what I did wrong because I just left that wire in place

F56A0D3A-7CAA-4BD0-A725-1D19226BFAAD.jpeg

Oh man you’re right I’m kinda smashing that wire..

Uhhh crap tell me what I did wrong because I just left that wire in place

View attachment 2661440
I asked Theo for install instructions, which need to be updated. I asked him for clarification about the roll-over sensor/wire. So below is the clarification I got from Theo. BTW, don't mess with the sensor, you just need to disconnect and reconnect the wire.

"The cable that connects to the roll-over sensor must be disconnected from the sensor (sensor is mounted to the load area chassis) so that the drawer can be placed on top of it and then the sensor can be reconnected. This is so that the drawer does not crush the sensor’s wire. The wire must be fed over the drawer’s rear cross member / floor beam / “top hat” (as it is called in South Africa) so that your drawer does not sit pinched between the drawer’s floor beam / top hat and the vehicle chassis.

The plugging out/in of the wire into/out of the sensor itself is quite straight forward. You do not need to disconnect the battery however you can if you prefer to do that.

You also do not need to drill holes – the holes are actually pre-drilled and there is a zip tie provided (the instructions need to be updated in that regard)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom