Rack Drawer and Gull Wing group buy intro special (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are moving the group buy end date up to Jan 20th to ensure we get everyone's products finished before the ship date in March.

Thank you for all the great questions, feedback and support.

Update of confirmed slots so far:
GX460:
Nathan Roof Rack, Twin Drawer (floor mount)
@arod2051 Roof Rack, twin drawer (floor mount)
@giovanni custom twin drawer (floor mount)
@bulleittime Twin drawer (floor mount)
Nick Roof Rack
@UtahGXer Twin drawer

GX470:
Andrew Twin Drawer
@dantares Twin Drawer

9 days left! We are here for your questions.

@RuggedBound, any group buy on Ostrich Awning? I am interested ,please take my Stim moooney. I

As promised, we are offering a group buy exclusively to the IH8MUD and GXOR forum (this forum link will be posted in GXOR on FB also) to celebrate our IH8MUD vendor account launch.

For those who missed our forum introduction: we are a Houston, TX based importer & distributor for South African off-road brands who are not yet present in the US. We have spent the last 18+ months creating the foundation for our company and had booths at Overland Expo West & East '19, sponsored KOAR.UP in Michigan this year and set up several product ambassadors to help get some products out there and in the hands of future customers.

About Big Country 4x4: Big Country 4x4 has been manufacturing Land Rover and Land Cruiser products for 2+ decades in South Africa and we are the proud distributors of their products. While they have a 200+ page catalog we have started with a core group: The Ostrich Wing 270 awning, the Penthouse XL hard shell RTT and selectively brought their welded roof racks and Savute series of drawers over as well and worked hard to establish a local inventory while *no-one* knew anything about the brand. To help introduce them to the US market we produced a short company profile video posted to our youtube channel:
View attachment 2528679

To celebrate our MUD vendor status we are offering to following amazing deals. There will be a lot of questions about the products and we will answer them all as fast as we can - but please check out the product brochures on the racks and drawers attached.

Shipping: Freight (racks) and UPS Ground (drawers and gull wings) from Houston via our discounted rates: budget for $150 for a rack or drawer. We will however quote these out for every sale and charge you exactly the resulting cost, no more.
Timing: This group buy will coincide with our 1st shipment of 2021, scheduled for mid-March departure, mid-April arrival.
Limits: We will limit this offer to the first 30 racks, 30 drawers and 30 sets of Gull Wings
Offer cut-off is Feb 15 - but may be revised if possible within our logistics constraints
Payments: 50% deposit secures your build, balance due by Feb 20th
To order: PM us on MUD your order, email address, shipping address and phone number MUD - invoice will be raised via our website.

---- Admin Edit: you need to FIRST reply in this thread THEN use the PM system

Roof Racks: (fully welded aluminum from all custom extrusions, mounted via custom 3/16" thick tracks fixed to OEM holes, no rivet nuts, no rack assembly needed - ready to mount)
GX460 MSRP $1495 Group Buy $930 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)
GX470 MSRP $1495 Group Buy $930 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)

3 feet per side, 530lb dynamic load rating

Savute Drawers: (galvanized steel, aluminum, black powder coat, automotive carpet cover, side trim panels (except GX460 seat mount)
These drawers are made only for these vehicles and provide 18% more space inside while also being lower profile than most other brands
GX460 floor mount MSRP $1650 Group Buy $1050 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)
GX460 seat mount MSRP $1410 Group Buy $845 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)
GX470 floor mount MSRP $1650 Group Buy $1050 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)

Gull Wings:

Made from 2 layers of aluminum sheeting, laser cut and roll formed to fit the vehicle perfectly. Dustproof, waterproof, lockable and gas strut operated. These are unique on the market since they do require drilling and sit one the window seal, not in the window seal. They are not to everyone's taste as they are extremely heavy duty and not sleek and not everyone will want to mount our custom, heavy duty tracks to their vehicle to mount the hinges. That is OK - we are catering for a very specific need. If you want to reverse back to the OEM windows or are concerned about resale value these are not for you. If you are building a rig that will be kept, or sold as a rig and looking for a heavy duty solution: these are for you.
GX470 MSRP $1100 per pair Group Buy $835 per pair (free shipping Lower 48)
GX460: We will be offering these by April 2021 if there is enough demand - bonded windows require a more involved removal process
Keep in mind: drilling is required, and these are sided, not universal

Land Cruiser 200 example:
View attachment 2528635
GX470 Gull Wings

View attachment 2528671

Let the questions begin!
Theo

Glad I found this post with literally a day to spare! I definitely want a set of floor mounted 460 drawers .

Message sent Re: single drawer option for 470.
Thanks for this...looks like a great option.

I was coincidentally looking at full wings for my 08 Lexus GX470...today. Just missed the deadline however will keep an eye out. Sorry I missed it, otherwise, I’d be in...thank You.

As promised, we are offering a group buy exclusively to the IH8MUD and GXOR forum (this forum link will be posted in GXOR on FB also) to celebrate our IH8MUD vendor account launch.

For those who missed our forum introduction: we are a Houston, TX based importer & distributor for South African off-road brands who are not yet present in the US. We have spent the last 18+ months creating the foundation for our company and had booths at Overland Expo West & East '19, sponsored KOAR.UP in Michigan this year and set up several product ambassadors to help get some products out there and in the hands of future customers.

About Big Country 4x4: Big Country 4x4 has been manufacturing Land Rover and Land Cruiser products for 2+ decades in South Africa and we are the proud distributors of their products. While they have a 200+ page catalog we have started with a core group: The Ostrich Wing 270 awning, the Penthouse XL hard shell RTT and selectively brought their welded roof racks and Savute series of drawers over as well and worked hard to establish a local inventory while *no-one* knew anything about the brand. To help introduce them to the US market we produced a short company profile video posted to our youtube channel:
View attachment 2528679

To celebrate our MUD vendor status we are offering to following amazing deals. There will be a lot of questions about the products and we will answer them all as fast as we can - but please check out the product brochures on the racks and drawers attached.

Shipping: Freight (racks) and UPS Ground (drawers and gull wings) from Houston via our discounted rates: budget for $150 for a rack or drawer. We will however quote these out for every sale and charge you exactly the resulting cost, no more.
Timing: This group buy will coincide with our 1st shipment of 2021, scheduled for mid-March departure, mid-April arrival.
Limits: We will limit this offer to the first 30 racks, 30 drawers and 30 sets of Gull Wings
Offer cut-off is Feb 15 - but may be revised if possible within our logistics constraints
Payments: 50% deposit secures your build, balance due by Feb 20th
To order: PM us on MUD your order, email address, shipping address and phone number MUD - invoice will be raised via our website.

---- Admin Edit: you need to FIRST reply in this thread THEN use the PM system

Roof Racks: (fully welded aluminum from all custom extrusions, mounted via custom 3/16" thick tracks fixed to OEM holes, no rivet nuts, no rack assembly needed - ready to mount)
GX460 MSRP $1495 Group Buy $930 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)
GX470 MSRP $1495 Group Buy $930 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)

3 feet per side, 530lb dynamic load rating

Savute Drawers: (galvanized steel, aluminum, black powder coat, automotive carpet cover, side trim panels (except GX460 seat mount)
These drawers are made only for these vehicles and provide 18% more space inside while also being lower profile than most other brands
GX460 floor mount MSRP $1650 Group Buy $1050 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)
GX460 seat mount MSRP $1410 Group Buy $845 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)
GX470 floor mount MSRP $1650 Group Buy $1050 + freight from Houston (budget for $150)

Gull Wings:

Made from 2 layers of aluminum sheeting, laser cut and roll formed to fit the vehicle perfectly. Dustproof, waterproof, lockable and gas strut operated. These are unique on the market since they do require drilling and sit one the window seal, not in the window seal. They are not to everyone's taste as they are extremely heavy duty and not sleek and not everyone will want to mount our custom, heavy duty tracks to their vehicle to mount the hinges. That is OK - we are catering for a very specific need. If you want to reverse back to the OEM windows or are concerned about resale value these are not for you. If you are building a rig that will be kept, or sold as a rig and looking for a heavy duty solution: these are for you.
GX470 MSRP $1100 per pair Group Buy $835 per pair (free shipping Lower 48)
GX460: We will be offering these by April 2021 if there is enough demand - bonded windows require a more involved removal process
Keep in mind: drilling is required, and these are sided, not universal

Land Cruiser 200 example:
View attachment 2528635
GX470 Gull Wings

View attachment 2528671

Let the questions begin!
Theo

Missed the deadline for the full wings was coincidentally looking for a company that does that and came across. Missed it but maybe next go around. I did click follow though for my 08 Lexus GX470. Thx.

Anyone hear back from the vendor recently? I'm not sure if it's because of the blackouts and the crazy weather they're having in Texas but I haven't gotten a response from them.

Anyone hear back from the vendor recently? I'm not sure if it's because of the blackouts and the crazy weather they're having in Texas but I haven't gotten a response from them.
I just heard back from Theo this morning. They have no power, bursting pipes, and little cell service throughout Houston. Let’s try to be understanding if the vendor is a little slow to respond right now. They have much more serious issues to deal with. I felt pretty petty for even reaching out about my drawers not realizing the severity of the situation down there.

We are back! (sort of). Sorry for the delay in response - we have been without power since Monday 5am and no running water - my focus has been on the 5 kids in our house when the power did come back on for a few hours.

Apologies to all those who have no heard back from me via email etc.

I will be sending out balance invoices today (as far as I can get before we get cut off again) and once done I will work through the emails and requests that have come in over the weekend who I have not yet responded to.

Build update: we are on course for completing everything by March 5th, in time for loading on the March 15th vessel arriving Houston April 15-18 (reminder - boat timings can occur - current 1st US port of call is Houston, that may change to Louisiana without notice, adding several days to the ETA)

Any chance I could get a drawer system for the GX470 at group buy price?
We are loading up today and tomorrow and the container is filling up nicely - we do have one spare 470 drawer kit standing by if there is space in the container. It was destined for our showroom. IF it does make it in (I will know by end of day tomorrow) I have your name on it at the group buy price.

Missed the deadline for the full wings was coincidentally looking for a company that does that and came across. Missed it but maybe next go around. I did click follow though for my 08 Lexus GX470. Thx.
We may have a spare set of 470 gull wings in the container - we are loading today and tomorrow so I will know if it made it in by tomorrow. If so I will honor the group buy price for you.

We are loading up today and tomorrow and the container is filling up nicely - we do have one spare 470 drawer kit standing by if there is space in the container. It was destined for our showroom. IF it does make it in (I will know by end of day tomorrow) I have your name on it at the group buy price.
Outstanding, thanks!

Loading day has arrived! We are packing the container in South Africa as of last night, it will be on the road to the port by Thursday and sailing next week . Current ETA in Houston is April 14th but the usual sea cargo delays by ports and weather are always a risk. However, this is our current update. For those who have not yet paid the balance invoice please do so immediately.

Would love to jump into your tent group buy when you have one planned; eagerly awaiting...

Would love to jump into your tent group buy when you have one planned; eagerly awaiting...
We have them in stock now in Houston - we spent the last 9 months on group buy mode, where were you? :p No group buys planned right now on the tents but that may change when we re-launch the smaller/standard model hard shell in summer.

Is it too late for the floor mounted drawers for gx460 or any still available at group buy price? Unfortunately, just seen this post. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom