Rack Drawer and Gull Wing group buy intro special (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I asked Theo for install instructions, which need to be updated. I asked him for clarification about the roll-over sensor/wire. So below is the clarification I got from Theo. BTW, don't mess with the sensor, you just need to disconnect and reconnect the wire.

"The cable that connects to the roll-over sensor must be disconnected from the sensor (sensor is mounted to the load area chassis) so that the drawer can be placed on top of it and then the sensor can be reconnected. This is so that the drawer does not crush the sensor’s wire. The wire must be fed over the drawer’s rear cross member / floor beam / “top hat” (as it is called in South Africa) so that your drawer does not sit pinched between the drawer’s floor beam / top hat and the vehicle chassis.

The plugging out/in of the wire into/out of the sensor itself is quite straight forward. You do not need to disconnect the battery however you can if you prefer to do that.

You also do not need to drill holes – the holes are actually pre-drilled and there is a zip tie provided (the instructions need to be updated in that regard)."
Thanks looks like I’ll have to take it out and redo it. Hope i didn’t sever that wire.

Well thanks for posting that way, the rest of us can figure things out when we get our drawers. More pics of the install would be greatly appreciated when you can.

BTW, your cargo area looks pristine. I had to do a bit of cleaning after removing my third row and my cargo area isn't nearly as clean as yours.

Update:
We have been busy - sorry for those who we have not responded to. The last week has been a bit hectic trying to get all the invoices out, pallets completed and shipments set up.
First batch of drawers left today, with more shipments leaving daily. GX470 drawer customers: you are getting emails tonight for freight options.

Next up is combo shipments and UPS pickups for the tailgate covers and gull wing windows.

For the UPS packages (gull wings, tail gate covers, etc) we are not going to wait on each person paying their shipping invoice before we ship it - we will collect it after shipment since the series processing will cause too much delay for everyone else (I have limited hours in the day, better to spend it packing and shipping than chasing emails). A risk - but we trust this community so please check for those invoices when they come in.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

Theo
Shipment.jpg

Shipment2.jpg
Holy crap that's a lot of work. 😲

Guys, I have sent install instruction to everyone - we have 80, 100, 200, 460, 470 and FJ drawers headed out and it appears some models didn't have instructions included. For the sake of anyone who reads this thread who did not buy a drawer (and hence get instructions from me by email) and are interested in these, I am posting them here.

Briefly: You need to remove the deck to install the drawer correctly. You do need to reroute the wire over the drawer lower beam and reconnect it - the lower beam has holes in it to run cable ties through to tie the cable into position over the beam.

Secondly, some folks apparently have a stand-off on the rear right hand side of the wheel well trim where their rear condenser sits. Some do not. No Prado 120 has this in South Africa so we are learning that we will need to provide a 5th, shorter L bracket supporting the right wing cover panel. For those of you in this situation you simply need to trim that L bracket shorter by about 1", it is mild steel so a dremel or standard issue hack saw will work.

This group buy is certainly an adventure and I am extremely grateful for all the support and comments. All feedback is welcome and we strive to be responsive and to always improve.

Theo

Attachments

• Prado150 Floor mount Savuti Twin.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Picked up my drawers today and installed it. It's a pretty good fit and relatively easy install. I forgot to lay the carpet down before bolting down the drawers so I had to take it apart and put it back together a second time.

View attachment 2673077
How do you feel about the quality of the product overall? Looks awesome in pictures.

How do you feel about the quality of the product overall? Looks awesome in pictures.

I haven't checked out any other drawer systems in person, so I can't make any comparisons. Overall, I feel like the drawers are well built. If I were to make a criticism, the clips that hold the nut for the drawer top deck are not the best. I had some of the clips break off and the one that can be problematic is the screw that is located in the middle of the deck.

The center screw got stuck in the nut and the clip broke off. It's difficult to access the nut once the clip breaks, because it's in the center of the drawer system and you can only access it by reaching in between the deck and drawer rail. If I ever have to remove the deck again, I might leave that center screw off.

Some of the positives of the drawers system is that it uses the stock mounting bolts and you do not have to drill/cut anything (easily reversible) . Also, I like that the drawers are metal vs. wood. They do need to work on installation instructions but it's not that hard to figure out without instructions. The only part that's not intuitive is the roll over sensor plug, which needs to be unplugged so you can run the wire in between the back mounting brace and the right drawer. There are pre-drilled holes in the brace and zip ties are included to hold the wiring in place.

I have Vinte's twin. picked up the drawers yesterday. Started the install today at 5pm and finished by 9:20PM. Took my time and did not rush at all. I also had to reinstall my side rear plastics. I could probably do it again in a couple hours.

View attachment 2674602
Nice! If I ever starting building my 460 these would be the drawers I would go with. I have a set of the gull wing doors for my 470 sitting in the garage that arrived this week. Gonna start digging into them today. Should be a fun project.

Edit: Took carpet out, fits perfectly.

Quick question for the 470 guys who have installed their drawers: Does the rear carpet come out completely for this? The instructions are a bit confusing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom