Question for You Guys Running the Blue Sea 7622 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

supercarrera

I Like LEDs
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Did you guys hook up the start isolation wire? If we don't hook it up, I'm guessing that both batteries are involved in starting the vehicle? If that's the case, then we won't really know when are starting battery is starting to fail. Also, I'm guessing that if we do hook up the start isolation wire, we can still override it when we combine batteries with the switch.

I have a 7610 not a 7622, but I think they operate basically the same. It only combines the batteries during charging and isolates when discharging or (if connected) when starting. If you look at the LED, it will show the status. Without starter isolation, during starting the battery A and alternator circuit will potentially be charging the House battery. Therefore, you may not get the full output of the starting battery for starting (as it is also charging battery B). You will not be connecting batteries A and B together for starting. To do this you need a switch. You can test this with an amp meter measuring current between battery B and the ACR while starting. Or, if you let battery A go flat and try to start it won't work (you would need to jump yourself between batteries A and B).

Did you guys hook up the start isolation wire? If we don't hook it up, I'm guessing that both batteries are involved in starting the vehicle? If that's the case, then we won't really know when are starting battery is starting to fail. Also, I'm guessing that if we do hook up the start isolation wire, we can still override it when we combine batteries with the switch.

I know this is a very old tread but still need an answer to this..

Supercarrera, did you end up hooking up the start isolation wire?

Any difference with or without?

I didn't hook up the wire on my 7610. Seems to work fine, it's been doing its thing for years.

I have a 7622 that I just installed a couple weeks ago. I did not hook up the starter isolation wire. Everything works fine. The only wires "required" to make the system operate, are the power cables from each battery and the small ground wire. This is directly from Avery at Blue Sea Tech support.

Been running this setup for over a year on the white 80. Here's the lowdown. Without the isolation wire, it will usually not connect at startup. It is however dependent on voltage draw. For instance, if the vehicle sat overnight or you've had the door open for a minute or two and the dome light on, you will generally see that it has disconnected at some point. If you have been driving around running errands, shut the vehicle off, jump back in a short time later, you may meet the requirements for the circuit to stay closed. In that case, yes, you will be starting from both batteries. If you don't want to start from both just press the switch to the down position and you have now isolated them. I usually just keep an eye on what the two LED's are doing.

Do not like Blue sea Isolators maybe for a boat for off roading there are better and cheaper alternatives and much less complicated to install and use

I have this Australian system, it worked for me for years in a very hot ad harsh environment

Installation is easy

Main is an old unajastble unit that can use any size of really you choose

Unfortunately, this company doesn't exist anymore but there are others similar

Do not like Blue sea Isolators maybe for a boat for off roading there are better and cheaper alternatives and much less complicated to install and use

I have this Australian system, it worked for me for years in a very hot ad harsh environment

Installation is easy

Main is an old unajastble unit that can use any size of really you choose

Unfortunately, this company doesn't exist anymore but there are others similar

Blue Seas gear is designed for maximum reliability in a salt sea environment, you don't get to push your $100,000 boat to the side of the road when it packs up.

Your final line " Unfortunately, this company doesn't exist anymore" say's it all.

Regards

Dsve

Blue Seas gear is designed for maximum reliability in a salt sea environment, you don't get to push your $100,000 boat to the side of the road when it packs up.

Your final line " Unfortunately, this company doesn't exist anymore" say's it all.

Regards

Dsve
Do not agree based on my experience in the wormiest desert on earth 10 years of service without a hiccup of meany systems

But this total waste of space and money

Here's a complete list of parts for the Blue Sea

• Optima YellowTop Group 34/78 Battery (purchased from Amazon)
  • Dual Battery Kit (purchased from Shrockworks)
  • Blue Sea Systems 7622 Charging Relay (purchased from Amazon)
  • Blue Sea Systems 5191 Fuse Terminal (Qty 2, purchased from Amazon)
  • Blue Sea Systems 5184 125A Fuse (Qty 2, purchased from Amazon)
  • Blue Sea Systems 4004 Power Post Insulator (Qty 2, purchased from Amazon)
  • MK3 Alternator Voltage Booster (purchased from HKB Electronics)
  • Camco 47474 24" 2AWG Marine Battery Cable (purchased from Amazon)
  • Camco 47476 72" 2AWG Marine Battery Cable (purchased from Amazon)
  • AC Delco 2SX20 20" 2AWG Negative Battery Cable (purchased from Amazon)
  • Dorman 60300 Battery Terminal Guards (purchased from Amazon)
  • Dorman 60307 Battery Terminal Bolt (purchased from Amazon)
  • In-line Blade Fuse Holder and 2A mini fuse (available at most auto or hardware stores, as well as from Amazon)
  • HiseNook 6 Pin Waterproof Connector (purchased from Amazon)
  • HiseNook 4 Pin Waterproof Connector (purchased from Amazon)
  • Dragon 52mm Digital Voltmeter (purchased from Ebay)
  • 1/4" Female Quick Disconnect Crimp Terminals (available at most auto or hardware stores, as well as from Amazon)
  • 3/8" Ring Terminal (available at most auto or hardware stores, as well as from Amazon)
  • 18/4 Stranded Security Wire (purchased from Home Depot)
  • 1/2" Split Wire Loom (purchased from Home Depot)
  • Electrical tape, solder, miscellaneous wire, heat shrink tubing, etc
This list is total bull s*** Even this T-MAX is better

T-MAX 12V Split Charge Dual Battery Charging System Relay Digital Status Monitor | eBay

A complete split charge system with battery digital status monitor, designed for a dual battery charging system.
The digital status monitor displays the stored energy of both batteries and the charge voltage while charging them with an alternator, a solar panel or any other 12v source.
The batteries are automatically linked through a 250A continuously rated relay when a charging voltage of over 13.3v is detected. The batteries are isolated when discharging. In emergency situations a manual override function to link the batteries can be actuated.
Useful for extra power when winching or to start the motor if the main battery should be discharged.

Suitable for:
Commercial trucks and lorries (12v systems)
4x4's with auxiliary equipment
Expedition vehicles
Motorhomes
Yachts and boats

Supplied with everything need to install, including display monitor, 250A relay, wiring, connectors (not shown in picture), 5m (aprox) heavy battery cable and terminals and fitting instructions.
tmax.jpg

@Desert Dino, Sorry mate, I cannot get my head around your last post? A list of parts? I fitted the Blue Seas's unit (3 cables) and job done, fitted it once and fitted it right. I did use a National Luna digital indicator for battery voltages and the correct switch to operate the 7622.

The 7622 will pair both batteries as it is dual sense, at the time there was no other system about that could do that, I am unsure if the T Max can do it now,?

I wanted the best that was about 6 or 7 years ago and research showed the 7622 as the way to go. I am not saying there are not systems as good as or even better than the 7622 nowadays, what I am saying is it is a genuine fit and forget system, and put simply.................it works.

Regards

Dave

thanks for all the feedback. Working on the install and wanted to make sure i got everything covered beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom