Purist detectives, I need your help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check post #91, above... Johnny included a picture of a steering stabilizer... the yellow horizontal “shock”.

Gotcha - I see that. However there is the stock stabilizer, which I have in place, and then that tab - which looks stock welded - clearly for something else. My guess is that it was either a) professionally installed or b) for something stock

It looks too nice of a bead on it to match any of the PO monkey business on this cruiser. That would be like going through a drawer of harbor freight tools and bumping into a Ferrari emblem. Something's not right here.

i have 2 steering stabilizers ... a dead stock one ... and an aftermarket :)

probably went someplace and a shop did it

went back and it looks like the tab is attached to a bracket that is 'c' clamped bolted to the axle... unbolt it and chuck it

I know it’s not much but I put a lot of time and effort into sourcing the right parts. Thought I’d share:

B9D04D1B-EE77-4F61-AA76-CB7D31AABEA8.jpeg

3747901E-0469-4162-9A25-52B441045E30.jpeg

Back to the vent duct for a minute, it may have started in 8/76 but maybe only for some markets. Just saying my 10/76 doesn’t have it and I don’t think I’ve ever personally seen one on a US 77 model year.

Window washer sprayer is the next issue:

The "nozzle" on the hood is a blank. It is just a sprayer shaped plug. I traced the fluid line into the firewall and around the glove box where it is just dangling, but looks like it should go into the passenger "A" pillar/windshield.

Obviously, this means a sprayer at the center of the windshield, as there is a hard metal line exposed in an oval opening at the interior top center of the windshield frame.

The hard top "cap", blocks the hole on the exterior.

Not sure what is going on - but my guess is that I have the wrong hard top cap, and there should be an access in it to allow a sprayer nozzle.

However according to Cool Cruisers website: Hard Top to Windshield Frame Attachment Caps I have the correct cap.

Not sure what a 01/78 should have.

yes - there should be a 'relief' in the cap for the sprayer nozzle. The relief could easily be created with a die-grinder, the next time you have the cap off.

Well, that's a relief! Sweet. Maybe I can catch one at a car show, or locally where I can get a trace of it to exactly mimic the arch so it doesn't look like a raccoon chewed it.

so check this out : ,

1977 with dash defrost ducts :)

Heres Brians Contact Info from the Listing , he encourages interested folks to Text Him

i think your should Text him and ask for a photo of the door jamb Plate Pod Date ,

This was pulled out of a 1977 fj40 its in good usable shape not all cut up. This is a pick up item but if you pay for shipping cost I can ship. Any questions TEXT 7154601127, brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom