1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS box adapter, anybody run one of these?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Wildman, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Wildman

Wildman

2. John Smith

John Smith In the garage

Media:
    Albums:
    That is a JT Outfitters version of the minitruck gearbox mounting bracket. There are many vendors here on Mud who sell the same thing. I would imagine they all work just as well as the other if the holes are drilled in the right spots, the angles are correct and the welding is done well. Pick your favorite vendor and price and buy one.

3. DallasFJ40

DallasFJ40

I just got mine from Bill Dorry (wdorry on Mud). He makes a great products. Search for Romer's PS install and you'll see it in action.

4. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    X2 on Bill Dorry's stuff. Very stout. I would rather do business with him anyway.

Ed

5. DallasFJ40

DallasFJ40

I think this thread gives you all the info you need to do a mini PS conversion. I'll find out this weekend.:grinpimp:

6. Coolerman

Coolerman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I am using that bracket for mine. I lucked into a good deal here on Mud! First, here is what you need off the mini truck: ;) Pic boosted from E-Bay...
    MiniTrkSteering.jpg

7. my64fj40

my64fj40

I got that bracket.

It probably would have worked, but I was having clearance problems with the ram horns I have, so I ended up welding another piece of angle so i could move the box up, then I added another brace.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed to send that money and just get a few pieces of angle iron, I was expecting a little better craftsmanship for their price.

Wish I had known about this other guy at the time.

8. Wildman

Wildman

Thanks my64fj40
    thats exactly what I was looking for. Somebody who has used one and had a comment. I wasnt sure and I didnt want to call it a 'couple of pieces of angle iron' unless I had a first hand account.

I will probly buy Dorrys now with this info. I hope this thread helps other people in the future.