Project "Beaker" a BJ-44 expedition build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RLMS

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.redlinelandcruisers.com
For those who have not seen or driven a rare BJ-44, I must say I can check it off my Bucket list. I wish the US would have gotten some. Bitchen trucks by themselves, Red Line has been summoned to do a full suspension revamp on one!
So what our customer wants is a full suspension that will handle expedition use and abuse with the driving comfort of a "Caddy". So we have decided to 4 link the rear, and link the front as well. In addition of power steering for the turbo'd 2B, a set of FJ-60 axles for extra track width.

A set of Iron man Med. rate 6" lifted FJ-80 front coils will be used in the rear. We will be using these springs because of cost, durability, and design. Rear shocks will be Fox or SAW smooth body remoter res, tuned and valved by us for a perfect set up.
The front we will have Coil overs. At this point we don't have all the link geometry done yet, so we will start off the rear for you.

First We SCALE every rig that comes in our shop for a link'd suspension. These numbers are crucial for perfect link'd geometry. Design'd in CAD and a link Calc. Program, we test and tune every suspension from start to finish.

First pic, "Beaker" on the scales!

Enjoy

Justin
dj 014.jpg

Subscribed!

Looks great...

Here are our FJ-80 Iron man 6" lift medium rate coils and our 1.25" Heims for the rear 4 link. We sure are proud to carry a full line of Iron man products. These springs are Huge, perfect for abuse and longevity! Coil pictured on the right are for the front of a 80 series, left coil is the rear 80 coil. We will be using the front coils for the rear, on this project.

Justin
FILE0008.jpg
FILE0013.jpg

We spent all day yesterday laying out the rear suspension, it should be sweet. Its being setup to accommodate a "as measured" 33" tire.

Also expect to see some unique plate work on this truck, CAD is already working double time...

Okay....That's it? You're gonna leave us hanging like this? It's been 2 days since your update, this is unacceptable behavior! Explain yourself :)

Need more photos of progress!!

Subscribed - this is gonna be bad-ass!

well we have made some progress, on the build, but I am having problems loading pics. Sorry guys, Hopefully this problem will go away soon!

Justin

I'll be keeping an eye on this one! Just out of curiosity what did you get for corner weights on the 44?

Pete

4770 lbs or 2163 kg
front left 1016 lbs 1046 lbs front right
left rear 1329 lbs 1352 lbs right rear

Keep in mind though the truck had a pair of FJ-60 axles in the back (which will be used on this truck)... I would figure the pair of axles would weigh roughly 500 lbs....

Did you keep the axles in the back in order to get a Gross weight reading for your suspension design?

Pete

Yes, sir. We estimated that those axles will be close to the weight of his gear that he will be running.

Removal of the factory axle, and the custom 6" lifted alcan springs. Getting ready for full rear frame box in sections.
FILE0019.jpg
FILE0023.jpg

I can't believe it took me this long to subscribe to the build thread of my own rig! That parts pile looks sexy as hell Justin! Crazy looking with the axle just sitting there on the floor after all of the time it took to get it in!

Keep up the craziness!

K

Last edited:
I can't believe it took me this long to subscribe to the build thread of my own rig! That parts pile looks sexy as hell Justin! Crazy looking with the axle just sitting there on the floor after all of the time it took to get it in!

Keep up the craziness!

K

I thought that was your rig - fantastic!!! Can't wait to see this thing come together!!

Josh

lookforward to see this build!!

Hey, now that you've acknowledged your trucks's thread.... How about some pics of the trip down to Red Line?

image-378844075.jpg

image-2063462055.jpg

You missed a fun day Josh. Two diesel cruisers (one for the ride back) for a little road trip to Red Line.

Can't wait to see it sitting on the links!

Dan
image-378844075.jpg
image-2063462055.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom